Wednesday, June 29, 2005

This is not a weather report.

I am not going to get up every morning and go Oh look, the sun's out! because it's the rainy season right now, dang it, and it's gonna rain.

Worked last night, got home around 2am, slept until 9:15am and woke in a panic thinking I missed the Cristal guy. I saw him last night while Liz and Cash were picking up her cats and her car from Laura and I. The car (of course) wasn't starting so Cash did all kinds of things I never would have done involving the accelerator and eventually it started, big black smoke spewing from the exhaust and all. Brought back fond memories of the Ford casting plant off Hwy 71 in Cleveland... need a moment... okay, back to the blog. Yeah so the Cristal guy was surprisingly late pulling around the street, and actually making a delivery to Los Picos #3 next door, I mean it was 7:15 and his times are usually 9-9:30am and 3-3:30pm daily... so you can imagine my surprise (yep, this is all I got). Anyway I yelled for him, and he (from like half a block away) gave me the "Oh my gosh I am exhausted, it's so late, I have to go home, this was my last delivery, have you LOOKED at your watch?" look, and so I yelled back, "Okay, pero, maƱana!".

There are two water guys: the Electropura guy and the Cristal guy. The Electropura guy (there are actually like 10 of them in my neighborhood alone) is the guy that rides around on one of those rickshaw looking tricycles with the ginormous basket that holds like I don't know 8 bottles of water (the big ones, 20 liters) and all the empties, every 15 minutes or so, yelling "Agua! Agua Electropura! Agua!" the whole time in a very distinct voice. There may be 10 or 20 of them all doing the same thing but I swear they all have the same voice. Then the Cristal guy, as I said before, has 2 times a day that he comes around, and he drives a little truck and honks and sometimes yells but not as much as the Electropura guy (this a.m. he was out honking and look it was like 10:30, man, get a schedule and stick with it! but at least he knew I was needing my Cristal). I never EVER hear the Cristal guy. He comes around the back of the building so if I am not listening (and remember, not sticking to his schedule) then I miss him.

I buy both waters, though - Electropura for cooking and coffee and stuff like that because seriously the guy is ALWAYS around (in the time it has taken to type this there has been 2 different Electropura guys come by) - that 20L bottle lasts for weeks. But to me, Electropura water tastes like ass and I won't drink it. So I used to go to the Oxxo almost daily and buy those littler bottles, the 1 gallon size (3.785L) but they run like $14 MN and the big bottle from the Cristal guy is $17 plus I tip him the $3 to make my total expenditure $20MN. Doesn't last as long as I drink alot of water, but totally worth it because Cristal is the bomb (it's times like this that I wish I still talked to Brady Coffey, he would just be laughing his ass off about this big water discussion). I fill up empty gallon sized bottles (I know, bacteria, blah blah blah, if it's not that it'll be a Tri-Met bus) and put them in the fridge. When I run out of Cristal I sort of panic because a) I just don't have enough to panic about these days and b) its a pain in the butt looking for the Cristal guy.

All right then. It's sunny (ish) and I am off to Joe and Janet's pool to continue the quest of being tan before Kim gets here (what? Oh this is just my natural color...).

You know, you guys can make comments if you want to... you don't have to but, you know, if you felt the urge....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home