Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Like a hot rock

I would like to thank the fine folks at Cablemas for allowing this blog to continue. It's ironic, really: I would have dropped this thing and never gone back to it again due to the fact that I have attempted a post two days in a row and lost them BOTH. Totally discouraging. I don't save them mid way, I don't start them on Word and then paste them here, should I be doing that?

Saturday's attempt was a really good one, funny, smart (and getting funnier and smarter as the number of re-telling increases), and suddenly my cable just went out. Thank you Cablemas. It does that - just goes out. Suddenly, no internet. Nothing. TV cable, sure, but no internet. The computer says its connected, the modem is a solid steady light, but sure enough, no internet. After messing with it a couple times, the "online" light on the modem starts blinking and its official. Anyway, all was lost, I was pissed, and went to bed.

Sunday after going to the beach, I decide not to let it get me down, type a new post, titled "Cablemas Sucks" and typed away again at the injustice of my failing. Then in an effort to lighten the mood, I decide to throw in a picture. After it uploads, I go to view it, and ALL THE TEXT IS GONE. AND, I might add, unrecoverable (I tried). Pissed! I can only surmise that karma got the better of me and because I insulted Cablemas, they somehow had a hand in this.

Monday I couldn't do it. Tuesday morning I couldn't do it. Until I saw the guy on the ladder.

It's been raining almost non-stop since Sunday night so I have been hanging out here, wallowing in a pool of my own filth. Going outside is just asking for trouble due to the number of mosquitos out in force from all this rain. Large pools of rainwater are everywhere because of this. It isn't raining right now (sun actually is peeking through).

I sat down to open my mail and all that and out my window I see a ladder.
















The ladder is not wood (I wish I had a digital camera!) (and I am not going to say it is aluminum because to be fair I don't know), and it is leaning against something. At closer inspection I see that it is leaning against the power lines. After a little while, a Cablemas guy climbs up the ladder and starts messing with some of the cable lines (I immediately turn on the TV and pull up the internet just to make sure he isn't fiddling with MY cable). He is on there on this not wooden ladder, leaning against a bunch of electricity wires, on wet pavement. Maybe this is safe, I don't know. I can't imagine it would be. Mostly because I have just never seen anything like this before.

I was inspired to write about it. Cross your fingers, let's hope it sticks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home