Saturday, October 16, 2010

Look for the shout out at the end

Um, hi.

So another week goes by, and I'm sure you all have been scratching your heads and wondering where in the heck I am. Because you think of me when you're not near the computer, don't you?

So where have I been? I've been in Beaverton all week, that's where. On a busy, busy desk. Luckily I had the help of a very experienced escrow office that was pulled out of retirement to help the officer on her desk, and I gotta tell you it's made a WORLD of difference. I can chat, screw around, go to lunch... just kidding. It HAS made a world of difference, because that desk is brutal, but at least I wasn't working 6am to 6pm like I normally would.

Next week is Hillsboro, on another crazy desk, but the officer I'm covering is vacationing in Cancun, so it's totally worth it for me. And Hillsboro is a fun office (not that we didn't have fun in Beaverton - I'm all about the fun), so I'm looking forward to it as usual.

Ducks have a bye week so I am totally stress-free right now, but I AM looking forward to the Wisconsin-Ohio State game at 4pm. What else? Basically I have spent my morning running around and I, as usual, thought of a million things I wanted to blog about but kind of can't remember them right now.. wait. Let's see.

Okay. So people suck at driving around here, rain or shine. That's obvious. Oh, and I was going to mention at some point how much I hate Nebraska. Not the state, necessarily, but the football team. How are you ranked? Half the teams you play are just nobody. But Nebraska fans are all up on themselves, thinking their shit doesn't stink because a long time ago it didn't. Whatever. I fucking hate them. I could tell you how much I hate the Beavers but you already know that. And since we're on the subject I'm not getting how Boise State is #3 when they are basically playing high school level teams for the rest of the year (except for Nevada). I don't mind Boise State, though, I just don't get it. It's the WAC. Have you seen the WAC? Whatever.

Ohhh yeah, booked Cabo. I don't know exactly WHERE yet, but the flight is booked. That Bruja and I are going and it's been a long time since we sat down and had some drinks together so I'm looking forward to that. I guess what is difficult for me is trying to figure out where to stay - Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo - one WAY more touristy than the other. I don't like touristy. I don't like paying $10 US for a drink. That's why I like Cancun - I know where to go to spend my money. Here, I don't. I don't want to think about it anymore right now. But yay vacation! Fun!

Okay I think that's it. I really will try to blog more, but I can't promise much. It's freezing again in the casita (no heat 'til November 1 rule in effect) but I guess that's why I have 478 sweatshirts. And I think I'm going to vacuum again today. Um, that's like 2 weeks in a row. IN A ROW. I'm not sure what's up with me.

Happy Birthday to Kimberley today and Happy Birthday to that Becky T (nka Rebecca H.) tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home