Sunday, October 10, 2010

It was dark until like 8:30 this morning.

Wow, a week already. I'm not sure what it is that keeps me from blogging. Is it a fear that the nothing I do most of the time isn't enough to keep you interested? Or is it merely the fact that I do ... nothing?

Except work, come home, putter around, and go to bed. Love the upcoming winter, let me tell you. I read somewhere that we are going to have a La NiƱa winter again, which apparently means wet and snow and cold and just general crap. So you can imagine how much blog fodder THAT will give me. Maybe this year I'll buy boots. I should probably buy tires first, though, but my God they're expensive. Everything is expensive. It's pouring down rain outside right now and all I can think about is how flipping expensive everything is and how I don't have any money. Bright and sunshiney right out of the gate after a week's absence..

I have very little to report this week except that that Marita has been given the challenge of finding vacation options for me and a couple of friends. Cancun is probably out. Probably. But Cancun is only a teeny tiny part of Mexico, and I'm going to be tan in December, God damn it. Considering Los Cabos but my fellow blogger and friend Jackie said it's expensive as all hell. I don't know. Marita's really good at this so we'll see what comes up.

And Go Ducks! After yesterday's game (and seriously I had no doubts through any of it, no stomach knots, nothing), however, I am thankful we have a bye next week. I'll leave it at that. Nice to be 6-0 right now.

Today, in the rain, I swear to God I am going to clean up this house. And by "clean up this house" I mean vacuum. That's really the worst of it. I don't know why, either, because I LOVE it when it's done. Why am I depriving myself of something I love? (Okay. I realize psychology probably isn't going to work in this instance, but it's worth a shot.)

So it's nearly Monday again, a day in Hillsboro and then four days in Beaverton, and with any luck at all I will not be wearing two different colored shoes on any of those days like I did on Friday. Maybe a clean house will create a clean mind and a clean mind will create focus. Maybe. Or maybe it will just inspire a really long nap.

In cold wet rainy weather.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, October 14, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winter brings fabulous, warm, fluffy sweaters. And you KNOW how much we love sweaters. And fires in the fireplace...

BH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home