Sunday, December 20, 2009

Clog flashback.

Hey do any of you guys remember these? Holy crap I loved these clogs. The Multnomah Leather Shop used to be downtown on like 3rd or 4th and Oak, but it closed up some years ago. Barbie found a previous owner who was trying to revive them about ten years ago or so and ordered a pair, but since then they have been largely out of commission. Fast forward to this last Friday. I'm minding my own business, walking into the Pier 1 on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy, when I spot the shoes on a lady in front of me. Clogs. Holy crap. I yelled (she was pretty far ahead of me), "Your SHOOOOEEEESSS!" and she stopped and turned around and waited for me. She too wore them in high school, and she told me that, though she ordered hers about ten years ago too, she knew they were still around somewhere. I went back to work and Googled the situation, and lo and behold, here they are. I am so going to order some. I strongly suggest you do the same. They flipping rock.

Not much has gone on in the last day and a half. I did break a cardinal rule and went to Washington Square in December (yesterday) and realized why I have that rule, but it could have been worse, I guess. See how that optimism keeps popping up? I'm trying. Last night Nicky had the Lincoln Tower Christmas party, so that was fun. There was a gift exchange white elephant sort of thing (no gag gifts? Then tell me why I got Sarah Palin's book? I gave it away to another girl in the office.), and that's always fun. Not too late of a night and I slept like a rock last night due to general running-all-over-the-place-Saturday-ness.

Not much else to report, just wondering why Saturdays and Sundays fly by and looking forward to working downtown this week. Considering the Winco. Freezing my ass off. Tan fading. End of 2009. Have a happy Sunday, everyone ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home