Monday, December 14, 2009

Scenes

In an effort to remember as much of my vacation as possible, I present to you ~ scenes from a week in Cancun.

- Ate really good food
- Drank really good beer
- "Don't show her that spider, she'll never come back!"
- Barely recognized a Facebook friend in person
- Bought a bunch of booze and didn't drink it
- Bought a bunch of food and didn't eat it
- Lost a necklace (I think)
- "Cover the electronics!"
- "I'll take the blue one"
- What happens in a taxi in Cancun STAYS in a taxi in Cancun
- Hung out with Only-Half-Naked Steve
- Drank some shots
- Spoke horrifically broken Spanish and realized I've pretty much lost any tenuous grasp of that language I may have ever had
- Ran away from two cockroaches
- Met up with an old friend from Cleveland that I haven't seen in either 15 years or 8 years, we never figured that one out
- Used a calculator to figure a 20% tip (constantly)
- "I think I'll ask them to fill my bathtub with that gravy and I'll just have that for dinner tonight"
- Learned many truths
- Drank my fill of cajeta frappucinos
- Met some great people
- Met some stupid people
- "Things are off to a good start - my forehead is already peeling"
- Discovered that sometimes change is good
- And sometimes it's bad
- Never got the recipes for the meal Kim prepared
- Realized some things I am still toying with for another blog post
- Got tan
- Started to bleach out
- Enabled Cece and her tanorexia (and she did the same for me)
- Saw some fantastic old friends
- Did not see some fantastic old friends
- Laughed constantly
- Slept soundly
- Enjoyed it completely

You guys don't want a play by play anyway, and I can't remember most of it anyway.

3 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, December 14, 2009, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

Plus somethings are just better not posted on the internet!!! It sounds like you had a really great time. I am bummed we did not get to meet up - but there is always next time. I might be in Portland before to long. I cannot wait to see how tan you got.

PS- Which half was naked?!?! Beacase that would change things a bit.

 
At 12:44 AM, December 15, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with you and taxis?

 
At 1:36 PM, December 17, 2009, Blogger My Way said...

THAT was fabulous! Thoroughly enjoyable as I love reading between the lines. Hope to chat with you super pronto to catch up!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home