Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Baby steps, actually

Okay, so I did a little bit of laundry. A very little bit. I look at it as a gigantic step.

I really need to make a list of things I need to do, but I'm not much of a list-maker so I doubt I will. Actually I'm a list-maker, I'm just not a list-follower. So really, what's the point?

This morning I "get" to go sit in a two-hour conference call about the new RESPA regs coming at us in January, and I don't mind telling you I am not at all fired up about it. I'm coming off a pretty high maintenance desk and I know I will have a ton of follow up. Thank goodness for the fact that my work email is on my iPhone. Kind of.

After the call I go back to Beaverton, and then after THAT I am officially on vacation. Which means I have all kinds of time to finish up that which needs finishing, laundry, pack, wax, call the bank, tan, clean, watch football (you'll notice I haven't mentioned anything about Thursday evening's game - I'm laying low. I fear the jinx, so no matter how much people might try to poke at me, I'm not falling for it). All this around the napping. You know it'll happen.

Other than that, as usual, nothing much going on. I've been checking Cancun weather and of course it calls for rain, but that sometimes doesn't mean anything (and sometimes does). All I know is I've been talking an awful lot of smack about how tan I am going to be so I just hope the sun cooperates. Otherwise there is going to have to be a ton of detox post-trip because there really isn't much else to do but drink. Which I'm kind of okay with.

So I'm in a fairly good mood despite the conference call and am pretty much ready to get this day rolling. Looking forward to Thursday and beyond. Not thinking about Thursday evening or the fiasco that vacuuming is.

Soon.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, December 01, 2009, Anonymous Jackie said...

Have a great time in Cancun. I will be on Isla again in 29 days and can't wait to get out of the Oregon gloomy days.

 
At 3:34 PM, December 01, 2009, Blogger Marita said...

It always rains when we are on vacation. We must have some major negative karma or something. However, and a big however, remember how sunny it was when we were on Isla that week? I think you have the positiveness our negative karma needs to pull in the sun! Yeah! Now, if it would just get a little warmer than the low 80's they are calling for.........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home