Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Be thankful or else.

Thanksgiving is fast approaching, and it sort of snuck up on me this year, putting me in the uncomfortable position of not being able to bitch about it for weeks prior to the event - now I only have days. But I was thinking this morning about writing my feelings about the holiday when it dawned on me that some people really like Thanksgiving and this year I should just keep my mouth shut and be thankful I can bitch about the fact that I have to do something next Thursday. So I will. That's kind of a switch for me. I can make no promises that this feeling will last, and there are still a few more days for me to complain. Just sayin'.

I don't have much time to write this morning so I will leave you with this point to ponder. Mean people suck. You've seen the bumper stickers and t-shirts. You've even probably seen it here. But it's true. Enough cannot be said about how people with big bad it's-all-about-me attitudes are the worst kind of assholes. Just because we are in a service-related profession does not give you the right to treat us like shit. A slight mistake (I shouldn't even call it a mistake - really, "oversight" is even too strong a word) was made on Monday and I am not kidding you, I had roughly four phone calls and easily six emails regarding it on Tuesday. And it wasn't even that big of a deal. One of the girls in the office apparently didn't stroke the ego hard enough of a client and seriously the client just wouldn't let it go. I am not one to use excuses like "Oh it was a hectic day" or "She was just really busy" - it is what it is, it happened, it happened YESTERDAY and there is no changing the past, all I can do is apologize and get you to agree that it is time to MOVE ON. Because frankly, who the hell do you think you are? People make "mistakes" all the time (I really hate using that, because it wasn't a mistake, but for lack of a better word...) and look at that! Still standing! You still got your check! The buyer still got their keys! The world is still spinning! All of these things I swear I will say to the client if I have to hear about it all day again today.

So today's lesson is this - just be flipping thankful you get what you get, because 99.9999999% of the time we are giving our absolute best and you know it, you just never recognize it. And one teeny tiny misappropriation in your eyes should not make the whole system crumble before your eyes - if it does, good God. You need help. Help calling me to complain about it 17 times is not going to provide. Get over it, get over yourself, and move on to the next thing. Because at least you have one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home