Monday, November 02, 2009

Prep month

So now that I'm booked and in theory really only need to pack a bag and find a way to the airport, you might think I can just while away this month of November. Well, you're wrong. It's Power Tan time.

I should have tanned yesterday, it being November 1st, but I didn't. Instead I napped a little, cleaned a lot, and tried to take a drive (there was a big wreck on River Road and I was turned away). I simply must start tonight. The problem is I'm not that fired up for it yet. I really only took a month off from tanning (sufficient time for me to go back to complete paste) so the thought of it kind of tires me. Plus the first couple of times I go I don't really get anything, and I have patience issues.

Power Tanning means I go daily for the first week and then every other day for the rest of the month. Not only does it prep my skin for the rigorous tan schedule I have while in Mexico, but it allows me to actually wear shorts when I first get there. And it also opens the door for me to tell everyone I run into that I'm going on vacation. Because I do that.

Today Rudy the maintenance man is coming in to (scare the shit out of the cats and) install a new heater in the casita. I'm sure you all know about my heating issues, two baseboard heaters in the back bedrooms that are rarely if ever used, and the one little box heater by the front door that is intended to heat the entire living area (I almost typed "living space", but thanks to HGTV I refuse to call it that). It doesn't work. It heats a straight path from the entry way to the hall, where nobody sits or stands. I cover myself up with blankets and last year I even bought a little space heater for the super cold days (but I had to keep reminding myself to turn it off if I used the microwave, because if I didn't it blew fuses all over hell and gone and it's a pain in the ass to reset the cable box). This new one will be in the dining room and might actually heat more of the room. I hope so. I hate being cold and it's been cold already.

But sunny. Today and the rest of the week it will allegedly be sunny. I'm glad for that. I'm working downtown and when I need to go out for a little fresh air it sucks if it's raining because you have to take an umbrella. It's the little things. Plus sunshine just makes me a happier girl.

Not much else new except for the ass-handing the Ducks gave to USC on Saturday night. You know, nothing big. I'll be honest - the first half had me nervous (putting it mildly) because their offensive line was doing what their o-line does - looking marvelous. I don't know what happened at the half, though. Usually you figure the locker room chit chat is inspiring enough for them to come out with guns blazing, but apparently it didn't. Not as much as it did the Ducks. I'm happy for that, the Ducks are my boys no matter what, but I love to see this kind of success. Let's just keep it going, one week at a time.

I'm not even going to think about what I'll be doing the night of the Civil War game. Because I can't believe I booked without thinking about it. For now I'm not thinking about it. For now the focus is the Power Tan.

4 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, November 02, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You won't be in Mexico when I'm there :(

We're headed home on 12/3/09.

janie

 
At 5:46 PM, November 02, 2009, Blogger Marita said...

Tanning season is here! I picked up an unlimited pkg for this month myself, however, can not keep up with your tanning schedule. Yowsers. You will be TAN.

 
At 6:03 PM, November 03, 2009, Anonymous Jackie said...

I don't do fake and bake. I just make sure that I travel to a sunny place every two or three months. Many years ago when my daughter and I were in Palm Springs I said to her "God I needed the sun. I am so pasty". She replied "Mother, in the 27 years I have known you I have never seen you looking pasty.' Co-workers say things like "your starting to fade. Isn't it time for another vacation?"

 
At 6:27 AM, November 04, 2009, Blogger JJ said...

Tanning to me is more therapy than anything else, I like the way it feels (and obviously looks), but it also puts me in that lay-out-for-8-hours-daily state of mind. I do like your strategy better, though, Jackie.

Sorry I am missing you and Norb Janie, but maybe I'll see you at the airport! If nothing else, there's always next time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home