Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New signs, the kind you can hold in your hand

According to Yahoo weather and my iPhone (same thing), it was 34 degrees at 5:40 this morning. Soooo it's cold. I'm not sure how accurate that is, because it's not even November yet, but I'm more inclined to believe it than not. I keep thinking about last December and the being all snowbound and shit. That's not good.

It also has me thinking about our trip next week. Barbie and I were planning a September thunder run to Ontario to hang with the cousins, but had to put it off due to an unforeseen (and unfortunate) series of events, so the only real free weekend we had to reschedule was the first weekend in November. Nobody seemed to think that was an issue, it allegedly doesn't snow in eastern Oregon before Thanksgiving. But take a look around - it allegedly doesn't snow so much in the greater Portland area before Christmas that it leaves the city incapacitated and me trapped inside for four days, either. Weather is changing, kids, and we have to get up and over Cabbage Hill. Barbie's driving, and she professes to be a great all-weather driver, but I'm getting older and feeling less indestructable. I'm going, I'm just saying it might be a bit more treacherous than expected.

In other news, I'm wrapping up a week and a half stay in Hillsboro today. I'm torn - I really like the branch, they made fun food for lunch and laugh a lot and Maril made me some signs that I could hold up in the event non-verbal communication was necessary. But on the flip side, the desk I am on is pretty high-maintenance and I just hope I got to everything. Oh and a customer tried to bully me yesterday by calling me stupid and telling me I don't know how to do my job. I spoke to him last week, too, and he did the same thing. Bastard. I laughed at him while he ranted and raved at me and interrupted me incessantly (there are a couple of ways to take back control of a conversation - laughing at the person is one of them), which threw him off, but seriously it was one of those conversations where you hang up and are just pissed off for the whole rest of the afternoon because of it. Even though you know that he's the prick, that YOU're not the one in foreclosure on a $58,0000 loan, that in the end you'll win because you do, in fact, know what the hell you are doing. Still ruins your afternoon and really strengthens the case in support of violence in the workplace. Thank God for the "MFCS" sign Maril made for me. At least I had that.

Time marches on, Cece has her plane ticket, I will before the week is out, and it's getting colder. Wish I had more to report, but more adventures are on the horizon. And I can't seem to shake this Cleveland feeling...

2 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, October 28, 2009, Blogger Gringa-n-Mexico said...

I vote you go someplace WARM. Oregon? Canada? Not warm, fly south! :)

 
At 3:29 PM, October 29, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJ, I think this is the weekend you can put studs on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home