Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rain

Oh my hell how I hate it. It just puts me in a funk. We haven't even really had that much up til now. I hate walking to the car in it, walking to the office in it (if I'm working in Orenco or Beaverton), hate the fact that I can't go out for a cigarette because of it (I'm pretty sure my coworkers hate that fact too, or at least the effect it has on me), hate having to put down a towel on the arm rest under my cracked window, hate how much colder it makes me feel, hate how much darker it is with it. Yesterday morning it was really only sprinkling but the street was wet and I completely missed the left turn to the Dutch Bros. Imagine how frightening it is to have me on the roads in this situation.

My hair looks like shit on a dry day. Imagine what it looks like after 2.3 seconds of exposure to the rain.

In other news, I actually made a doctor's appointment. For my ear. I haven't been to the doctor in like forever so this is saying something. I can't hear for shit out of my left ear and now it's giving me headaches. I'm going Thursday. Maybe after Thursday when I sleep on my left side I'll be able to hear the alarm. As it stands right now Lava listens to it for roughly one minute and then head butts me awake. Good girl.

So, no inspiration. Nothing going on. I miss my friend. I'm cold. It's raining. Eight months until June.

Sigh.

8 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, October 14, 2009, Anonymous Kim S said...

I totally agree about the rain - it SUCKS! I hate driving in it too... LOL about Lava the alarm clock kitty. Good luck with the ear. I have coupons to both Mexican places on BHH, maybe we should go and have a bite to eat and pretend we're south of the border.

 
At 9:49 AM, October 14, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have separate, distinct personalities, not separate at all.

 
At 11:16 AM, October 14, 2009, Blogger JJ said...

...quoting Judith Guest?

 
At 1:35 PM, October 14, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I delete my post?

 
At 2:30 PM, October 14, 2009, Blogger JJ said...

Why do you want to?

 
At 6:09 PM, October 14, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And.... why is it that you live there?? You KNOW it's going to happen again...rain..at some point this winter!!!
We happen to have our FIRST rainfall in months today and though they call it a "storm"..it wasn't much of anything, plus it's supposed to be 78 tomorrow, so I'm not complaining...

good for you for making an appt already J. We just discussed that! My right ear is the one that bothers me, but my issue is I just had a complete physical and there is (supposedly) NOTHING wrong with mine....sigh, double sigh..

let me know how it goes tomorrow
~L

 
At 5:47 AM, October 15, 2009, Blogger Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Hair and 2.3 seconds in the rain - AMEN on that one. Add in 85% humidity and 100 degrees and my hair stays in a clip for pretty much 18 hours of every day. Sad.

 
At 7:48 AM, October 15, 2009, Anonymous Jackie said...

And why is the first day of rain after a dry spell Oregonians don't know how to drive in the rain?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home