Friday, October 30, 2009

Booked

I finally did it, broke down and booked. Like I had a choice, I mean, I HAVE to go on this trip. Not because anyone is making me or because I already have the unit at VCI, but because if I don't go I will surely go insane. Despite having to spend money (I simply will not put anything else on a card. Period.), which I hate, I did it, and though it may mean lawn soup for a few weeks, the trade off is I get to really look forward to laying down for a week and getting really tan. And seeing a bunch of people I love hanging out with and having cocktails and again getting really tan. And laying down for a week. Can't figure out which is better, the laying down for a week or the getting really tan. But, Yay! I'm going to Cancun!

It's been a long week but it's nearly over and though I have knots in my stomach over tomorrow's game, I'm in a pretty good position right now. Great day at work yesterday, and another one today I'm sure. Life is feeling good right now.

Not much else on my mind except this thought that came to me this morning: people who have small dogs aren't really dog people. They're cat people who just don't want to admit it. And they're secretly kind of bummed that their little dogs can't jump up on the counter while they're curling their hair.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, November 05, 2009, Blogger My Way said...

Congrats on booking! When B mentioned you were having a cocktail get-together I kind of felt all weird about it. You haven't been to CUN since I left so I am not sure how I feel about not being there when you're there! I'm sure you'll survive!!!

As for the dog thing....um no...I'm more of a dog person but settled for cats and I do not wish he could jump up on the counter while getting ready for work. Fucking Moco does it already and that's enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home