Monday, November 16, 2009

Windy night

It's windy outside, perhaps more windy than it's been since I've lived here but I don't really know for sure. All I know is that it's pretty dramatic noise-wise and the kitties are just going batshit. Yowling, finding dark inside corners to hide in, creeping along the floor like they're expecting the ceiling to cave in. They run out to the slider and peek through the blinds, then they bolt back down to this end of the casita, yowling and weaving between my legs. I tell them it's going to be all right, but they don't listen. Thirty-one miles per hour is nothing compared to what I've seen, but they weren't around back then. I was thinking out loud that there is nothing to worry about so long as the power is on, but then again, I'm afraid of the dark.

It's really, really loud out there. Poor little kitties - I wonder if this is their Wilma?

3 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, November 17, 2009, Blogger Marita said...

I'm afraid of wind. Just like your kitties, apparently. Ever since the tornado. I feel their pain.

 
At 3:20 PM, November 19, 2009, Blogger My Way said...

I remember this wind. Not fun. Is the rain just killing you like it's killing me?

 
At 7:05 PM, November 19, 2009, Blogger JJ said...

The rain IS killing me. I'm just happy that for the last week, the forecast has been for non-stop, neverending rain but it's been mostly dry around these parts. That's good. They can keep being wrong. And Marita, I always think of you when it's windy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home