Thursday, December 17, 2009

Back in the throng

All it took was three days of driving rain, but I'm back in the thick of things. First it was just the cold (and not so wet) of Sunday, and then it was rain, rain and more rain, and stupid decisions to go out at lunch time and do silly things like Costco and the bank. Seemingly normal errands, but traffic has been a big fat hairy bitch and I don't get it.

So I get that less people are working and that can account for all the people on the damn road, but where the hell are they going? You can't tell me they are all able to live off unemployment. If you aren't working you probably don't have any money so why are you burning gas and going to the mall? Get the hell out of my way. Shit.

Also, too, this whole not-being-able-to-drive-in-bad-weather thing has been taken a tad bit too far. Yes, yes, I get that last week, while my knees were bursting into flames in the heat of Cancun, it was something like 9 degrees here, but it was clear and dry. Now that it's raining, and 50, it's not like the roads are going to remember last week's temps and suddenly ice over. It's 50. And it rains all the flipping time here so what's the issue? Again. Get out of my way.

Oh, and here's my brain when I get back from vacation: still at the airport, apparently. I went to Costco because back in October somebody (who?) convinced me to get a new and improved Costco card, like the superfantastic bonus card, to the tune of $80, but they gave me a $20 gift card to Costco for doing it. I needed to get my picture taken on it and all that, but I haven't been to Costco since I got it, and I get like two things at Costco anyway. So those two things ran out Monday. Tuesday I thought, how bad could it be? It could have been worse, sure, but I braved the throng of crazed Costco holiday shoppers and waited in line to do the picture thing (and then the machine broke because that's how things go when I'm in a crowd and have limited time to get things done) and finally I was able to pick up the two things I needed. And cruise the book aisle. All this time I am mentally calculating my purchases or potential purchases less the $20 gift card, so I pick up a big thing of almonds (I'm not really sure why), throw it in the cart and head to check out. It wasn't even bedlam in line, but nevertheless, I forgot the gift card. Paid the full amount. Still have the gift card. Won't really need anything at the Costco for another six months. Fabulous.

I also spaced the mammogram I was supposed to go have on Wednesday but I'm okay with that. Never had one. Don't really WANT to have one. So there you go. Sometimes my mind is on MY side.

To wrap this up, let's just say although I still have SOME tan left, as soon as it's completely gone (I'm guessing by Saturday) I may not have anything to show for having taken nine days off besides a complete lack of knowledge of the escrow system update and a general feeling of forgetfulness. But that's pretty much normal.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, December 17, 2009, Blogger My Way said...

Classic Joyce:

You can't tell me they are all able to live off unemployment. If you aren't working you probably don't have any money so why are you burning gas and going to the mall? Get the hell out of my way. Shit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home