Sunday, May 15, 2011

Somebody get me on a plane already, for God's sake

Waking up to rain is not good for my psyche.

Some people find it soothing. I am not one of those people. It's been fairly dry the last few days, even sunny (I won't say "warm" because it just hasn't been and to make matters worse, the office I was in for the end of the last week has an a/c vent sitting right over the desk chair blowing cold, cold air all day. Horrific.), but that doesn't help this morning. I had every intention of going to the gym while my sheets washed, running an errand or two, maybe hitting the Nordstrom Rack, and even doing a little cleaning. Instead I've pretty much hovered around the cracktop since about 7am. My ass hurts.

I was also thinking about getting a pedicure and maybe starting the tanning process. After all, I AM taking a vacation in a few weeks.. I held off on the tanning out of deference to my dermatologist, with whom I had an appointment on Thursday, just so he wouldn't freak out at my savage tan while performing Frances-less surgery. Unfortunately for everyone, he decided not to do the surgery. He says there just isn't enough skin around the wound and that it's healing, though very slowly. He decided to just let it continue its healing process and we set a follow up for two months from now. I should be good and tan by then. That'll show him.

It's 10:16am now on Sunday and I have a) not gone tanning, b) not gone to the gym and c) not researched a pedicure destination. I wonder if today will be one of "those" days: no shower, nothing really productive gets done, half-hearted attempts at cleaning are sprinkled with lounging and reading and not much of anything else. I don't have a huge problem with "those" days, but something DOES need to be done about these feet. I feel pretty good about my yesterday, though, having shopped and hit the farmer's market and knocked out the grocery shopping, but I always feel like the weekend has been wasted if I don't at least attempt to leave the house on a Sunday.

I have to say I'm pretty fired up about the Palm Springs trip. We'll get to cruise the South Bay and see some old friends, and then there's the whole laying in the sun for a week thing. Adventure. I need it. I need it badly. I feel like I have nothing to offer if I don't have a good story to tell.

So get me on a plane already and let the mayhem begin. Or the lack of it. Just get me out of this rain. For God's sake get me out of this rain.

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, May 15, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joycey, Good reads. I haven't been on your blog in a while. Its hard to keep up with the email and facebook pressure. It feels good to catch up some. Have a great trip! Marsha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home