Saturday, April 02, 2011

Bah

It's nothing for me to get up early on a Saturday, but 4:45am is probably pushing it. Today is the annual ALTA seminar for those (some) of us in the escrow world. I won't explain what it is except that I have to go because we're required to have x amount of education hours to do what I do and I have one. I'll get the rest of them today, but it means getting up at 4:45am and doing all the things I do on a regular work day. It also means not being able to grocery shop until tomorrow, and not hitting the Target until later, and a bit of grumpiness during my favorite part of the week, and a myriad of other things like figuring out if I can get away with wearing my slippers or how I'm going to get more water than what I've brought or finding something to wear that doesn't look like a potato sack.

I'm bitching because that's what I do, but I shouldn't be because this time NEXT week I'll be on vacation for ten days. I thought I was going to Cancun, you see, but my bank account decided otherwise. So instead I'm taking a couple of small road trips and cleaning. And just being on vacation. That'll be nice.

So there isn't much new except moving around from branch to branch some. I have a little bit of a crush on a guy that works in the building I worked in this week, but all I really got to do was some minor chit chat with him. Crushes are harmless (and I'm not altogether sure that the guy isn't gay, so this one may be COMPLETELY harmless, or worthless, one of the two) and give me some sort of motivation to shower every morning. I don't have them nearly as much as I used to, but that could be age (or bitterness, or both. Or even the fact that the one person I WISH had a crush on me is largely avoiding me).

Right now my only real work-related project (besides this that gets me out of bed and showered so early on a Saturday) is giving that Sara a list of rules that I feel is in her best interest to live by. She wrote some down (and named them Joyce-isms, which is the second time someone I work with wrote a list by that name, and the other list wasn't as nice as this one) and so I hope that when she remembers (learns)the rest of them she'll have a nice little list that I can post here. I think it's best for everyone to live by most if not all of these rules. Because clearly I am 100% confident that I am right about everything.

So, because it's Saturday at 6:19, and I have to leave in 40 minutes, I will sign off by wishing everyone except the people I will be seeing later a happy weekend. Somebody has to have a better reason than this to get up and shower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home