Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Back at it

Well, here it is. Last day of my vacations. I have mixed emotions about getting up to an alarm, showering expediently, and sitting at a desk, especially how it relates to doing it at work. I've accomplished very much and very little at the same time these last ten days; I'm hoping to accomplish very little today. As a matter of fact, I'm hoping that I don't even have to shower today (the hair is looking rough but I don't really NEED to go out for anything..). The good news is I work for two days and then have a weekend, but I'm not going to lie to you when I tell you working a full week next week might pretty much kill me.

It's amazing how few things faze you when you don't have an agenda. Like waiting for my car at service yesterday. Or sitting in line at the Dutch Bros. Or picking the entirely wrong line at the Target (when I'm NOT on vacations I find myself mentally thanking the gods that I never applied for that concealed weapons permit). It was nice having so much free time on my hands and taking that little jaunt down to Eugene, but I guess all good things come to an end. And frankly I don't want to get used to not having anywhere to go because we all know what that means, especially in my industry.

So I guess I'm rested if not tan, and I suppose it's time to book air for the next actual vacation, the one like I'm used to, where I go somewhere with a pool and lay down next to it for eight hours every day. My skin is so white (I haven't ventured forth to tan due to Frances-less) it might just burst into flames when I get out there, but it's a chance I'll have to take. God knows I don't want my skin to heal or anything..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home