Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Why I'm happy and why I'm not

Happy:
(Pay no attention to the really bad hair - I had just walked to Starbucks and, imagine, it was raining.)
I won the college basketball tournament bracket at work. I'm happy here because I won $200, despite having to split it with Nostraduckas. But, hey, I know nothing about basketball, college or otherwise, and actually don't like the sport at all, and I'm still $100 richer than I was Friday. I'm still broke, though.

Not happy:

I'm not linking to it this morning because I can't bring myself to look it up again, but the "60 Minutes" segment Sunday about the mortgage industry and all the fraud* going on there as it pertains to foreclosures pisses me off. Google it yourself. It's amazing that this was happening and they ACTUALLY THOUGHT they could get away with it. I mean, clearly they are, but now people know about it. Not that THAT'S going to do any good. But how the hell do you fix THIS mess? Good God we're all going to hell.

______________________
* The fraud to which I refer doesn't have anything to do with originators and the shit they put on people's loan applications to get them into these loans to begin with. I still stand firm with the whole idea of "IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT, DON'T SIGN YOUR NAME TO IT." I still believe that if 100% of these buyers that feel like they were "forced" to get into loans they couldn't have a prayer of paying back just had a set of balls big enough to say "No" we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. But seriously, google it and it may just piss you off, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home