Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday Tuesday

The cleaning frenzy continues.

Though I wouldn't exactly call it a "frenzy". The bedroom hasn't looked better since I moved in here. Clutter-free, vacuumed, dusted, organized. How long do you think THAT will last? That was Sunday's chore, so Monday, since I showered early (very necessary), I decided to go buy a Kindle and some groceries and relax a little bit. Taking a big fat nap at around 1:15 in the afternoon means pretty much I am not doing anymore cleaning for the day, so, yeah. I wouldn't call it a "frenzy".

The other day while racing to get to that Sara's house so we could hit the PSU Farmers' Market before the bell rang (?) I found myself behind a van whose driver either a) was still drunk or b) brought in a ringer when it came to getting his driver's license. I can't stand that. You're on a road where there is no going around someone and they are fucking around or lost or drunk and have NO IDEA what they're doing or where they're going. So I think what I'm going to do is run down to the DMV and grab about fifty Oregon Drivers' manuals, and every time I encounter an idiot going below the speed limit or turning on their left blinker to go right or not going at a green light, I'm going to pull up alongside them and hurl one of those drivers' manuals at them. I think it would be more effective if their window was opened, but I gotta at least try. I figure fifty manuals would last me about a week. I don't know if I could ever survive a career that involved driving all day. Just getting to the supermarket is enough to put me over the edge.

Today is a rare day on this work-less week because the forecast calls for sunshine. That makes me happy. And since I have bathrooms on the list for today, I figure I'll knock those out, shower, and maybe hit the outside world so that I have some picture content for TtheD. Wouldn't you all love to see what Portland looks like in April?

That Marita and Dave are delivering photos from their vacations in PdC and Tulum as promised. I'm sad that I'm not there. But there's no place like home. I guess.

On the Frances front, the wound appears to be healing. It didn't drain nearly as much as it had been in recent weeks (you love to hear this, don't you?) and it is itching a lot (isn't that a sign? I don't often have big gaping holes on any part of my body so I'm not sure if this is normal), so maybe we're turning a corner. It still hurts a lot though. I'm pretty tough, so it's no big deal (right.).

Well, blogging for me is the big procrastination tool, so I better get to it. Cleaning, that is. I refuse to let this week pass me by without some major accomplishments on the home front.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home