Saturday, May 28, 2011

Getmeonaplanegetmeonaplanegetmeonaplane

As expected, last week kind of kicked my ass. Not the whole week, more like the end of it. It started out fairly smooth and easy, then started building a crescendo by Wednesday, and by Thursday and Friday all hell was breaking loose. The good news I had sort of a cool-down period from 4:30 to 5pm on Friday. Full circle.

I have mentioned that it always rains when I work in the Beaverton branch, and this week was no exception (but they changed the filter on the water dispenser in the kitchen so it no longer take 125 seconds - I've counted - to fill a 25 oz bottle of water), but despite the bitter cold, sideways rain and general gloom of what is now a traditional northwest Oregon May, I had a pretty good time. Mostly because any time my head was about to pop off I remembered I'm leaving for vacation next Saturday morning. That makes me happy. What DOESN'T make me happy is all the crap I have to do around here between now and then.

I need a pedicure. I NEED a pedicure. I'm not kidding you, these feet are atrocious. I'm just hoping the gals at the salon I have chosen to visit today are able to understand "Be really careful around my open wound" in English and exaggerated gestures. Then I have to tan (daily, by the way), clean the house from top to bottom (but specifically the kitty bathroom) and figure out what to pack. Oh and I still need bathing suits. And my eyebrows waxed. And to get through next week.

But oh glorious three-day weekend! The biggest thing on my mind late in the evening of the Friday night before a three-day weekend is how LOOOOOONG I'm going to sleep in on Saturday. So of course I was up at 5:15am. Because there is just no sleeping in. You'd think by now I would have at least vacuumed. Best I can do for you is have a load of laundry in while I sip coffee and pretend like the internet is interesting.

So yeah, three-day weekend, then four days of oh-holy-night Judy L's desk, and then, THEN, the AIRPORT. And a PLANE RIDE. And the BAGGAGE CAROUSEL. And the CAR PICKUP. And SUN. And KING HARBOR. And then YORBA LINDA. And then PALM FRICKING SPRINGS. Where I will commence to laying down for a week.

I think I can handle just about anything this coming week throws at me provided I keep my eye on the prize. And get through all the rest of the crap I have to do around here between now and then.

3 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, May 28, 2011, Anonymous Jackie said...

Vaca is almost here! You can make it another week.

 
At 5:03 PM, May 29, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy L? As in Lynn? If so, she has closed every house I have lived in..
I hope your week goes well and you soak up a ton of sun in PS !!!!
Sharon

 
At 7:04 PM, May 29, 2011, Blogger JJ said...

I hope so, Jackie. And Sharon, yes, that's the one. She's awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home