Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sheesh

Tonight I had dinner with that Marshy at Cafe Yumm. It's funny, because I can't stand it when people yum stuff. I am sure I've mentioned this somewhere. It was pretty good, and when I can finally eat grains I'm fired up to go there again. Yum-o.

Also, that Jan-o is in town again and I thought we might be able to meet for dinner but I had forgotten that I had planned to meet with that Marshy, and in the end it all worked out because that Jan-o had a long day. Tomorrow perhaps.

So, you know, I'm getting out and stuff.

Today it rained like a big fat bitch and it was cold and I didn't wear my coat so I continue to freeze and probably will be frozen until I've been in my big fat two-comforter-flannel-sheets bed for about an hour. And then I'll inexplicably wake up bathed in sweat and not because of too many comforters but because of something else. Something. Else. I think you know what that means.

I went shopping with Barbie Sunday as she needed shoes, and I thought, hey, maybe I'll break down and buy a god damned coat, but instead I bought a fantastic Brahmin bag and I'm pretty much over the coat thing. It's January. It's practically not even coat weather anymore. I'm so optimistic (I'm so in denial).

Again, not planned out, but I resolved to blog more and by God I'm doing it, whether you guys enjoy it or not.

I'll be interested in seeing how I actually pull off this Cancun-in-April gig.

I had Monday off and though I vacuumed and cleaned out the litter box and the kitchen and the kitties' bathroom, I was done by like 12n and promptly took to the couch for a three hour nap. It's one of the seven deadly sins, you know. Sloth. It's bad. But every time I go out, I spend money. And seriously, I really don't have any.

Not much to report, as usual, but I'd like to mention that I hope I am not one of those people on FB that constantly post about how they are overcoming the struggles of everyone hating on them. Do you know what I'm talking about? Not quotes, necessarily, which I do on the days I work, but like, you know, constantly posting about how other people perceive them. Like it sounds to me like people are constantly putting them down in real life, so they go on FB and say stuff like, "I won't let small minds keep me down", or, "I'm thankful that I have a handful of true friends", or, "Everybody hates me but I want all you nearly-strangers to know I'm strong" (essentially..). Because that's what I think it means. I think they (um, not they, this one person) want her FB "friends" to think she is this strong woman overcoming great odds when in reality it just makes me think she's an asshole to everyone and not just to me and it's no wonder people give her so much shit she has to post that it doesn't bother her. I so want to comment one time, "Wow, it must suck to have so many people not like you. It's totally you're personality, too bad you can't do anything to change it."

Would that be rude?

2 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, January 18, 2011, Anonymous jackie said...

I have "unfriended" several people on FB for totally being "Debbie Downers" also a few who had way more radical religious or political beliefs than I could imagine.

 
At 9:33 AM, January 19, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still don't have an effing coat ??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home