Saturday, January 01, 2011

Resolving to Resurface

Wooooooow. I just spent like 45 minutes reading (scanning) old posts from 2010. Why? Because I needed some inspiration. Like I was thinking I need to blog for Pete's sake since I haven't in almost a month, but I STILL don't have anything to say, and I was thinking, Hmm, maybe I'll do sort of a summary of 2010. Because of my failing retention, I had go read what I actually DID all last year. And you know what? All I did was bitch about rain and talk about work and bitch about money.

But I did do some other things, like get in a fender-bender that caused much strife fighting with the insurance company and then dealing with the piece of garbage they gave me as a rental car. And have my purse break on me in the middle of the Quizno's and then having Nordstrom give me a full refund for it after a year. And then I went to Palm Springs and Cabo San Lucas and eastern Oregon, so it's not like I'm not getting out.

Anyway, it's the new year, and I guess I'm going to start by saying, besides this being the best time of my life (Ducks in the National Championship)(like I have to explain), the new year is always a good time to take stock in what you have and what you think you should do and be in the coming year. Right? I still have a job, and I hope to keep it again this year, and I still have a car that runs great and will be paid off in less than two years, I still have a great place to live despite the fact that when it's 25 degrees outside it's 30 degrees inside and it takes forever to get warm, but it's convenient and affordable and has plenty of room for the kits to run around in.

Speaking of that, I have (again, I noticed) extended the new year's weekend into a six day weekend. Meaning I go back to work next Thursday. I have way too much vacation accrued. So my plan is (and it's Saturday today, right? Because I keep thinking it's Sunday) to clean and organize the living shit out of this place in the coming days. I really believe I'm going to do it, too. I mean, for sure I know I'll tackle the rest of the closet. There is stuff up on those shelves I haven't looked at in three years and that doesn't even fit anymore, so why not get rid of it? And I know I'll vacuum, and clean the bathrooms. So I can totally do this and feel good about starting out the year on a good note.

Right now I'm unwinding from a day of successful sweater shopping (seriously, nothing in my closet fits) and prepping myself for a possible trip to Ikea or DSW tomorrow, and I'm feeling pretty good about the year ahead. I'll do a Mexico trip in April, and maybe a desert run in the summer, or maybe the east coast in the late summer. Broadening my horizons by baby steps. I'm optimistic.

So change is good, and I think one of the changes I'll be making this year (or month anyway) is to try to be a little bit more faithful to TtheD. I'm sure you all have missed me. I apologize for this post, because it's obvious I'm out of practice.

Happy New Year to the faithful and loyal ~ may all your hopes for the new year ring true!

3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, January 04, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited! I miss your posts. I also miss YOU. You never call...you never write...I never get flowers anymore...

("I bet right now there's somebody back home asking, 'Now, why don't he write?'" Can you name the movie?)

BH

 
At 2:48 PM, January 04, 2011, Blogger JJ said...

Sadly, no. But for some reason I want to think it has something to do with Navin Johnson. I'm sure I'm wrong.

 
At 11:08 AM, January 06, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's from Dances With Wolves. THat disgusting guy Kevin Costner traveled to the West with. They found a skeleton with an arrow in it and he said that. It was very funny. Good to see you the other night. You look fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home