Sunday, January 30, 2011

Please(pleas)d

Because I know you all care deeply, the purse replacement has arrived safely, the one with the hole in it returned smoothly, and all is right with the handbag world. Except that when I returned the holey one I found a fabulous Marc by Marc Jacobs that is of course THE PERFECT BAG. I didn't even look at the price. How do you go through a three-year bag drought and then suddenly find the perfect bag? You buy another one. That's how.

I met that Tracey for coffee yesterday. She's had a couple of readings with a psychic we met a few years back at a psychic fair (faire?) and she had to tell me all about her most recent one. The psychic is spot on with her and her situation, and I REALLY want to have her read me since it's been a while (a long while..) despite the fact that her prices are high. I guess I just need a little guidance.

During coffee I got a text from an old friend who is in town for his brother's funeral. I saw him for the first time in years at the funeral on Friday (it was huge, such a tribute to the brother) and he was leaving town today, so we met for lunch. Sometimes when so much time passes you wonder what the hell you are going to talk about (we chat from time to time on the phone and via email, but sometimes face to face is different), but it was great fun and felt a little like old times. He lives in Texas. We were discussing my future in this crazy industry I'm in and he suggested I move to Texas. Texas? Hmm. Texas.

I like busy days like yesterday that keep you running because it helps me avoid the obvious chaos currently reigning in this casita. Unfortunately the only thing I need to do today is hit Trader Joe's, and after that there is no denying the vacuum/laundry/kitty box extravaganza going on here. Slightly cranky because as a result of all the escrow surgeries going on out there (lady-part removal), I seem to be picking up the slack for everyone and just continually in a state of .. um .. reproductive preparation. Get it? Being 45 is awesome.

There is simply no denying it - I'm booking airfare for Cancun this week. Period.

So as this is just another tool I use to procrastinate, there is simply nothing else left to do but get the heck moving. So off I go to de-fur the living situation. I hope for all the rest of you that today is much better on your end.
_____________________________________
Can I just say something? This is ridiculous. It has gone on WAY too long and I even had a dream last night that made me wake up this morning thinking about how RIDICULOUSLY long this has been going on and I don't know what the hell is going on but for crying out loud, can this just end already? Come on. Help a sister out.

8 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, January 31, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it a good dream or?

 
At 5:57 AM, January 31, 2011, Blogger JJ said...

It was a GREAT dream.

 
At 8:37 AM, January 31, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might send me a E-mail with some details

 
At 1:36 PM, January 31, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - I am a pretty smart person. I am even witty and sometimes insightful...but...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I feel left out and I hate that. SHOULD I know what you're talking about? **sigh** BH

 
At 1:37 PM, January 31, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW - I read your brother-in-law's blog, "The Last Great somthing-or-other". It's awesome. I am a regular reader now (kinda). BH

 
At 5:51 PM, January 31, 2011, Blogger JJ said...

No Becky, you wouldn't know what I was talking about. That's okay though. I'm sure you would have helped me out if you could. And yeah, Paul's blog is big fun!

 
At 1:47 PM, February 02, 2011, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said...

The search for the perfect bag. I have been on it for my whole life. Sometimes it's small sometimes it's large but it's always ellusive.
I've lived in Texas. It's different but can be good. There are gorgeous areas around Dallas/Ft Worth, And Galveston used to be the absolutely most picturesque Victorian town east of Ferndale (CA), no clue what it's like now since the hurricane.
It's worth checking out.
regards,
Theresa

 
At 1:36 PM, February 05, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJ.. I found the PERFECT Marc Jacobs bag!!! In the most exclusive and private "store".. I think you would know it as "The Parrott Closet"!!! Trying to find a way to make it mine!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home