Friday, July 16, 2010

Is someone trying to tell me something?

One has to wonder what kind of a day it will be when it starts like this:

- The only dreams that are the clearest and easiest to remember from last night involve plane crashes
- You wake up, twice, thinking you have slept through the alarm due to your ear infection that has rendered you, once again, deaf in one ear, all in a panic until you realize it's an hour earlier than you woke up thinking it was
- Just before it's time to go in and plug in the curling iron, you see one of your cats ass-out behind the kitty litter jug in the bathroom, tail swinging furiously, trying to get "something"
- You realize what that "something" is and go back and sit at the computer with your coffee, hoping she'll get it and you won't have to deal
- Five minutes later you see her chewing on "something" in the hallway
- On your way back in to plug in that curling iron you see what is either a piece of rolled up thread or the remains of your kitty's morning snack
- You decide you just don't want to know which one it is
- One of your first thoughts of the morning is, Hm, I wonder if I'm going to get my ass chewed out more, or less, today from that attorney that called me an idiot yesterday
- You realize you can't seem to let that one go
- You also realize that you have back to back to back to back signings starting at 8:30 this morning and you are not fully ready for the last two
- You're pretty much ready to go at 6:19 am and don't have anything to blog about so you just decide to go to work

Happy Friday. Give me strength.

2 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, July 17, 2010, Anonymous Jackie said...

The end! I find myself ready to leave for work about 5:40AM. That is just so wrong to so many people but like now I am awake and ready to go.

 
At 5:46 AM, July 17, 2010, Blogger JJ said...

Though even I think 5:40 is a bit early to go to work, I kind of aspire to that. You can get so much more done in the early morning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home