Thursday, July 01, 2010

Did I mention it's raining again?

Well, it's been a week, I should probably say something, though what, I'm not really sure. I haven't had much to blog about. I'm not tanning enough, work hasn't been too draining, the weather was sunny but now, of course, it's pouring down rain. Probably because I expect it.

I have a friend in turmoil and it's hard to see friends struggle. I wish I could just put my mindset into her brain and make her see what I see. It isn't that easy, nothing in her life is easy, and it saddens me to see someone who was so much fun go through so much not-fun. Whaddya do, this is life. I guess. Not my life, but still a part of me.

In other gut-wrenching-but-only-really-to-me news, today would have been my dad's 84th birthday. Dang. Happy Birthday.

So tomorrow I am working til around 12n and heading east. I thought perhaps I would go through Burns on my way in, but Helen seems to think it's a longer drive. It probably is but she doesn't realize maybe that I can make it to Burns in four and a half hours if the traffic through that God-awful Wood Village is moving. Instead I'll take I-84 and just burn freeway. I'm not going for any personal bests, I'll just get there when I get there.

I'm only staying until Sunday, however, so I will miss rodeo-related things, but that's cool, I've decided to start living guilt-free (let's see how long THAT lasts). This way I'll be back with the kitnesses before they know I'm gone and I'll still have a complete chill day on Monday. AND I'll get out of dodge, which I definitely need.

Speaking of which, there is a possible Vegas trip on the horizon, so if I get off my ass and work on booking it I'll be that much closer to the privilege of bursting into flames in 120 degrees of Las Vegas August. I want to stay at Mandalay Bay for the sole reason that their pool is like a beach and since I can't really afford to go to Mexico, I might as well do the next best thing. Right? Plus I need an adventure.

Lord knows this blog does.

3 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, July 02, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course it's raining again.It's a three day weekend. Promises of mid 90s by Wednesday.We'll see about that!

Vegas may be 120 degrees in August but remember "it's a dry heat". Right! I was in Palm Springs once over Labor Day weekend when it was 113 degrees by 10:00AM.It's just f'ng HOT.

 
At 10:11 AM, July 05, 2010, Blogger JJ said...

Today I am wearing full on winter-style houseclothes and am considering turning on the heat. It is flipping freezing. This is insanity. If it's in the 90s this week I'll eat my hat.

 
At 12:29 PM, July 05, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get the Hat, add some salt. It is coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home