Saturday, June 05, 2010

Not necessarily a weather report.

My friend Saundra posted on FB yesterday (and I paraphrase) that she wished people would stop complaining about the rain already since it is, after all, June in Portland. When I mentioned it to Barbie, she countered that at least we usually get some sun in May. It's been raining pretty much nonstop since March and not just sprinkling. It's June 5th for God's sake and we are already at the quota for the entire month. I realize the Fun Center isn't the Fun Center unless it's swimming in a pool of mud, but for crying out loud.

Today it's sunny, however, and my attitude has taken a complete turn (for the good..). It's essential to me and my well-being (and as a result, everyone else's) to have some flipping sunlight in my life. I don't think I'm asking for much. So today I am showered and (almost) ready to bolt out into the fray that is a sunny Saturday in west Portland. I can take it: I can take the crowds, the annoying people, the errant lane changes and cut-offs, the screaming babies and the people who act like they are the only people on the planet. Because it's sunny. It really makes a difference.

So, (non-industry) people have been asking me if this new title company in town has been making some waves in my world (and frankly, even industry people have been asking me). It hasn't, really. We've to date still only lost a handful of people to them, and frankly, the escrow people that have gone there are the same people they were when they worked at the company they worked at a month ago - they were our competition before, and they continue to be. Where's the worry? The only difference is their paycheck has a different logo on it. I have no real concerns (especially since I am not management). The feedback I receive from clients is that they wouldn't want to go to a start-up company anyway. And once those rebellious ex-other-company-employees don't produce they'll be fired. Then what? How about this - stick with the stable company. Your odds are better of turning out a quality product, keeping your clients happy and continuing to be successful in the industry. So that's my two cents. I know it doesn't really matter to the majority of you out there, but escrow is my current world and I can write anything I want.

What else is going on? Cece moved into her house and it's bad ass. I'll be working in Lincoln Tower next week for the first time since January. The kitties have suddenly done a role-reversal and now Lava is the crazy one (I think they're just fucking with me though, Lava isn't really that convincing as the crazy one). I haven't vacuumed in a week and everything is covered in fur. Working in Orenco for two weeks was great fun despite the fact that it was pouring down rain every other twenty minutes and the fact that there is a Starbucks mere feet from the front door caused me to spend money like a drunk. Other than that, same old shit.

So what's next? I need to plan a vacation, do some laundry, hit Costco with Barbie, vacuum the casita and figure out a festive gift for a 40-year-old birthday, not necessarily in that order. Life continues on it's path as I patiently await the next chapter. So optimistic.

Because it's sunny.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, June 05, 2010, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

sorry it is so rainy. that sucks. I am sure it will le tup and soon and July and August will be remarkable.

I have been dying for that crack-a roni salad and bento!!!!! I miss the food from portland

 

Post a Comment

<< Home