Sunday, May 16, 2010

Maybe she was turned off by your overuse of commas.

By the end of last week I realized I was out of everything. EV RY THING. Contact lens solution, QTips, body wash, razors, coffee (COFFEE!), milk, vitamins, lotion, conditioner, perfume, clean chonies (how? I have like 150 pair), rice, cat food, antiperspirant, toilet paper. Seriously. How does it all run out at the same time? Rather, how do I let it?

This of course led to a costly visit to the Winco (so Cece has a woman that acts as her assistant, doing anything except housecleaning for a very reasonable fee, such as running errands, grocery shopping, walking her dog, arranging yesterday's garage sale, etc., and while I was at said garage sale we asked her where the cheapest place to get that kind of crap, toiletries, etc., is, since it seems to me even Target is raising their prices.. she said she buys most of that stuff at the Winco. I never do, always reserving it for a Target run, but I took her professional opinion and ran with it. The result? $25 more at the Winco, as opposed to the inevitable $80 at the Target. Item-to-item comparison? Not happening. But the Winco doesn't have costly distractions, either), and though I did not get EVERYthing on my list, I made a pretty solid dent. Can you believe that technically that paragraph was only one sentence?

It's getting worse, this constant pissing and moaning about how expensive things are getting. I keep thinking that I won't be flush to do flipping anything until I pay off my car, and then I can work on the rest of the crap, and then maybe, just maybe, I'll be happy to live off what I make, which, though it hasn't increased in six years, is really not that bad. Bah. I hate talking about money. I just want to be in a place where I don't constantly worry about it.

So yeah, yesterday rounded out a very interesting and off-kilter week. I ran a ton of errands and got much done, but will continue on today because I didn't get a minute to get the facial waxing done and plus I need some other stuff. Or want. Whatever. Work is busy as a result of some changes going on in the market, but hey, I love a challenge, and we're getting great feedback from clients and on top of that we're just a really strong group (some of us) in this branch. So that's good. And frankly it has me actually looking forward to work tomorrow, which is always a plus. Until I wake up and it's raining (which it might). Saturday felt like summer, and even two days of that kind of weather makes me all used to it and happy and then when it goes back to rainy/dreary, well, it's harder to take and the mood swings are a little bit more dramatic. You'd think my anticipation of it would give me more control over the whole thing, wouldn't you? Hm. No. Not really.

AND on Thursday I met up with the original Jan-o! Jan-o and I worked at Mitsubishi way back in the day in southern California - I started in '88 and she in '89 (she's still flipping there - I've had like four career changes and twenty-seven jobs and lived in three states and two countries since then. Or something.). She had some business here in the area and we met up for drinks and to catch up. I haven't seen her in something like 17 years, though we're friends on FB. She looks phenomenal. It was great catching up. She was truly a bright star at that joint and clearly remains so. I love that shit, catching up with your past. But dang if those Mitsu people aren't sort of starting to come out of the woodwork...

So that sums up what's up. Barbie's in Ontario (coming home today) and that sort of makes me jealous just because I do like being there, but we'll see what the summer brings. I don't have much in the way of plans for even the immediate future, short of showering after this post and going to work tomorrow, but maybe something will crop up. Something's in the air. I can feel it. Maybe it's just pollen, but that never bothered me. Neither does constant drama and off-kilter work-weeks.

Keep it coming, that's what I say.
________________________________________
By the way, here's a link to Cece's assistant - if you're in the greater Portland area or even not, check out her website - she's fantastic and you probably could come up with a thousand things she can do for you if you thought about it for a minute. Oregon Assistant

6 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, May 16, 2010, Blogger Gringa-n-Mexico said...

"short of showering after this post and going to work tomorrow..." LOL I'm just proud of you for showering again ;D

And I KNOW what you mean about everything running out at the same time! LOL for us though we can seem to do without a lot of things but when the T.P. is gone then mama's got to make a run! :D

(and Target? Dude NO! Expensive!)

 
At 10:07 AM, May 17, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce - I get ALL (and I mean ALL) my toiletries at Big Lots on 185th and TV Hwy. Shampoo...$2. Deoderant (Secret, of course)...$2. Feminine stuff (uh-hum)...$2.50. Big tube of toothpaste (Aim)...$1.50. Q-Tips...$1. (That's right. ONE DOLLAR) I love that place.

By the way - Trevor Crowe got called back up to the show for the Tribe. He was 2 for 4 with a 2-run HR and an awesome diving catch from the outfield on Saturday. Good stuff.

BH

 
At 6:37 AM, May 19, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont steal my material

 
At 6:38 AM, May 19, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont steal my material

 
At 1:57 PM, May 21, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Tracy plug !!

 
At 9:42 PM, May 21, 2010, Anonymous Tracy said...

Hey, Joyce -

Thanks for the great plug for my company, Oregon Assistant. Maybe it'll help me connect with more busy people who need my help. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home