Thursday, June 24, 2010

God what a long week.

This has been the longest week ever. I don't know why. The sun finally started shining (which is completely unheard of while I work in Beaverton and which further strengthens my Armageddon theory) and it's been warm - warm enough for the sunroof and really, really loud music. I need loud. Because this branch is anything but.

I know some of you know how I feel about this branch, but I think you have it all wrong. I like the people, I like the fact that it's busy, I like the fact that everyone there knows what they are doing. What I DON'T like is the location, the inconvenience of going out for some "fresh air", and the fact that it is so quiet.

I'm just not a quiet person. I'm not over-the-top loud either, I mean at least I don't think so, but I like a little life in the party. I mean we have to be at work, we have to serve our clients and customers, we have to for the most part be on our best behavior when said clients and customers are in the branch. So why can't a person chat while working? I can. I'm highly skilled. And every one of these girls has more time in the industry (well, all but one) than me, so I KNOW they can talk and work at the same time. I think chatting away while working makes the work more enjoyable and the day go by more quickly. Let's face it, I am always looking for a willing audience to listen to my stories and opinions... but when it's frowned upon to react to anything it's kind of a drag. That's my problem with the branch. But that gets misconstrued as I don't like the branch itself. I do. I better - I'm there another three weeks after this one. This ridiculously long week.

I get to go to the circus tomorrow, which can be hard, because one day in a different branch is a bit of a challenge, but I'm up for it. Then Monday I am back in what can only be described as HELL, because I will be Sherri, and Sherri's desk on a good day is a nightmare. During month end it is seriously the kind of place where, when you get a quick second, you sit back and say, Oh my GOD what did I do to deserve this? I feel that way because I SUCK as an assistant on any other desk, and Sherri's desk makes me think there is seriously something wrong with my whole choice of careers. Maybe I just let her desk freak me out. Maybe I need to control it, not let IT control ME. Maybe if I just ignore my anticipation of it it will not be so bad. Maybe.

Meanwhile I'm considering an August Cancun trip, but we'll see how that pans out. I need cheap accommodations at the resort of my choice and I'm not sure how I'll score that. Also I need a new purse and that might eventually trump the vacation all together. Crap I don't know. It's hard for me to make decisions about anything so I'll probably end up bailing on the whole idea and stay home and clean the house. Woo hoo.

Off to work, in the sun. I can't believe it's only Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home