Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Mid week day off

So I'm taking a day off today because it's the first time I haven't been assigned anywhere in a long time (I wonder if I should be worried about that. Hm. Never really crossed my mind until now.). I have some things that I can get done today that are a little bit more of a pain in the ass to do during the work day, so what the heck, might as well knock them out. Plus it was kind of fun to sleep an extra hour today (which was a struggle considering the kitties have learned that if you kitty-biscuit my bladder just right I will pretty much shoot out of bed no matter what time it is and therefore be available to turn on the faucet for their drinking pleasure). I am also taking Barbie to get her foot shot up and casted, so that should be interesting.

Mostly interesting because I am driving a rental. Yes, folks, I finally dropped my car off at Kadel's yesterday morning, and now I am the proud (?) borrower of a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu. It's flipping huge. This is how I see it in my mind:
It's funny because the rental company apparently tries to put you in a car comparable(or maybe it's the insurance company. Could they finally be thinking of someone other than themselves?) to the one that is in the shop, and when I looked at this thing all I could think of was "I am never going to get that thing in my carport". I did though. After stressing about it all day at work. Now as I sit here contemplating the route my day should take me, all I can think of is "I'm never going to get that thing out of my carport".

I've been in Lincoln Tower for the last two days, a branch I haven't been in since January, and will finish out the week there. Then it's a five week stint in Beaverton, and if history and tradition have anything to say, that means five more weeks of rain. Sorry, kids, I don't write the rules.

Not much else is going on beyond work and pretending like I'm going to be all accomplished today. I swore I wouldn't take a nap and now that I have Barbie detail it looks like I will be able to keep that promise. That stupid car out there is really the most formidable thing on my mind right now, like how hard is it going to be navigating the more narrow streets in SE Portland, and will I be able to maneuver it in the rain/over a bridge, and how long until I break down and smoke in it despite that one place on the form that I initialled saying I wouldn't. I only have it until Friday (allegedly) but that seems like an eternity to me. I have to swing by a supermarket at some point today - maybe I should take it back to the Scene Of The Crime Safeway and see if anyone rams in to it. Does lightening strike twice? Today could be the day we find out.

By the way, this is what the car really looks like: But this is MY car, and to me, the difference is ASTRONOMICAL. Plus MY driver seat isn't all jacked up, MY radio stations are preset to the music I prefer to listen to, and MY car probably doesn't fit five people comfortably in the back seat (I'll admit I need to get over this already, but nobody ever said I wasn't a little bit dramatic).

I guess the one saving grace is that I sprang for the $40 collision insurance fee for the rental yesterday. Just in case. You just never know.

Don't pictures just make it more fun to read?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home