Saturday, July 10, 2010

Why change?

So yesterday at work, while watching the clock tick down to 5pm, I mentioned my intention to hit the Winco after work. Groans from my officemates ensued (well, two people groaned and there were only four of us there. The other person was on the phone.). Sherri suggested that since I get up at 5am I should just get up, throw on clothes, and knock it out first thing. I tried to tell her it never works that way, but in the end I tried to take her advice. I went to the Target instead, got the few things I needed there, including a french press, and did not go to the Winco, thinking I really would do it first thing. But I didn't, because I made coffee in the french press and I am still sitting here, two hours later. Nice effort.

I need to get over the fact that there is no leaving the house before 10am on a Saturday. This really is my favorite part of the week, I should just flipping enjoy it.

It's been hot the last few days (and remember, I define "hot" as 95+); today is not supposed to be above 85. I'll take 85, I have no problem with 80. I just want it to be sunny because it's July. All I am asking of this summer is to show up. It's only fair.

So I spent the other night with Barbie during her post-operation-act-like-you're-still-in-the-hospital phase. It was painless (for me, anyway). I had a brief visit with Mr. Reynolds and then he left me alone for the night. I think, anyway - I slept pretty hard. I wouldn't have noticed if Barbie had tried to get up in the middle of the night.. She seems to be coming along swimmingly. I can't imagine being on crutches for the next ten weeks, though, holy crap what a drag.

I have finished my four-week stint in Beaverton Friday and am off to the regular routine of a different branch every week. I'll miss those girls, and my guess is they'll miss me. On account of how fun I am and all that. Mmhmm.

I don't have much more to report except that people are still assholes, my routine is pretty much back to normal, the cats forgot my abandonment of them last weekend, the house is still covered in fur, and I need to get in the shower. That's pretty much my life in a nutshell. So I guess we're just back to me being me.

I should just embrace it and leave it alone, shouldn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home