Thursday, March 11, 2010

Going through the motions

Yeah. Dry. Nothing too dramatic going on. Mind like an empty paper sack. Boring. Trauma: the Drama? Not really.

So last night was the second Wednesday night in a row I crossed a bridge and met out for drinks. This time I finally met up with my friend and former client Jenn. We'd been threatening to do this for no lie a year at the very least. Since it's been light after work I actually followed through. She brought her wedding photos, and she's been married almost a year. Aren't I great?

It was great fun, and I had to keep reminding myself of that as I crossed the bridge again and drove home. I never do anything in the winter because I hate the dark and to me, when it's dark at 5pm, it might as well be 10:30pm because it's all the same. With a little bit of light things change. We swore to God and each other that we would do this again soon, with her husband and sister who I also have not seen in forever. I even got home at a reasonable hour, and went to bed early. I could have slept until 10 (not really) this morning but here I am.

Busy day ahead, and I'm returning to Beaverton this morning for a couple of days. It should be fun and challenging (see where the optimism is peeking out?) because I am on possibly the busiest desk on the west side AND I get to cover the quote desk single handedly. Which, you know, will be really hard when you consider I have signing appointments. I wonder how that will work? Hm. Interesting.

It always seems to be pouring rain when I'm in Beaverton. I'm not sure what that means. It's been dry for the most part for a week but this morning it's wet and gloomy and Thursday. I can't be absolutely sure, but I'm getting the feeling that the weather changes with my mood, and not the other way around, like you'd think. I have that kind of power over the Ducks, so why wouldn't I have it over the weather? It's not so hard to believe..

In other news, Corey Haim, Jeremiah Masoli, Derek Anderson (can I just say YAY about THAT one?). You all are on Twitter, have a Facebook account, and read the news. I don't have to tell you about it.

March. Transition, but also limbo. If we all just hang in there, we'll make it through. I promise.

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, March 12, 2010, Blogger My Way said...

Seriously, like what the heck. When was the last time I gave you that reading?

Time to go bowling or some shit like that.... lol.

PS, the word verification I got was "nymph". Awesome just awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home