Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Coming out of the dark

I hate being sick. I rarely get sick, and when everyone else in the office or the world catches whatever it is that is going around, I never get it. I just had my review the other day and one of the things my manager put in it was that she couldn't remember the last time I took a sick day. I can. It was yesterday.

I got up and went to work, but I felt and looked like complete shit. It started on Saturday around 5pm. I woke up with a tickle in my throat, but usually if I slam some extra B12 and C it generally goes away. It didn't. I was fine running my errands, but when I got home I suddenly was tired enough already to nap (at like noon) and when I woke up I was feeling kind of icky. But denying it. So by the time 5pm rolled around I was thinking about going to bed. I didn't, until around 9:30, but I could have. Sunday I tried sleeping in (my phone starts ringing early) and managed to last til 8am, and moved directly to the sofa. Where I slept ALL DAY LONG. I got up to use the bathroom and to drink some water, but that was about it. I made some soup around 6pm but only finished half the bowl. Went to bed at 8pm. Slept all night. Woke up at 6am soaking wet. It's kind of a good sign, perhaps the fever broke. I managed to work until around 9am, and went home. Rested all day (I can't say I slept, because I was on work email all day and had to wash the sheets and both duvets and clean up a little as the maintenance man is finally coming over today to fix the sink and maybe the ceiling fan).

So I'm here, up, waiting to go downtown and work, feeling okay, better, but still could totally sleep. I feel like I missed a week. I feel like I let everyone down. I feel completely out of sorts and like a thousand things have happened that I missed out on. Most of all I feel like I won't be making fun of other people who call in sick more than I do, because I did that on Friday, and now look at me.

Instant karma gets me every time.

1 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, March 02, 2010, Blogger Marita said...

I always have that sick-in-the-stomach feel when I call in sick, like I'm doing some very, very wrong. But, alas, you were sick and staying home was the SMART thing to do. Hope you are up and at 'em like normal soon, if not already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home