Sunday, September 13, 2009

It really IS just another day

because I'm not big into birthdays. My own, that is. If other people like theirs, then I make the appropriate deal out of it. Mine? Meh. Just another day.

My intention on this day is to chill and hopefully not shower. Watch the Browns on Fox. Nap. Finally make enchiladas, even though I pulled some mahi mahi out of the freezer to thaw and am going to throw it in some marinade in a little while. I kind of feel like going to the mall and buying myself something, but that all depends on the shower situation. The Ducks won last night (and if that is any indication of how the rest of the season is going to go I am going to have to rethink my stomach medicine dosage) so that was a great birthday present, and if the Browns pull it off today (aHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAA) then it will be perfect.

Speaking of the Ducks, and I'm a little apprehensive about putting it in writing, I think my jinx is back. A few years ago my nickname was Jinxie Joyce because seriously, no lie, every time I watched they just sucked. And if I got up and left the living room, or changed the channel, or turned the radio station to the FM dial, they would score. That happened last night. I'm not kidding - Purdue would score, I would storm out of the room, and when I came back the Ducks had answered. It got ridiculous there near the end. Thank God Lifetime was playing "Mother May I Sleep With Danger", and every time I switched the channel over, the Ducks actually played like a team (I know this because I was dvring it and I would go back to watch what happened - even my jinx can't change recent history). I will say, however, that covering my face with my hands worked about as well as actually leaving the room, but I didn't find that out until the very end. Next time.

All that aside, yeah. Forty-four. When the heck did THAT happen? I know age is a state of mind, but shit. Forty-four? What have I done with my life? Where's the impact I was supposed to make on the people in my world? And the most frightening question of all, where am I going? I guess it's time I sat down and tried to figure that out. I suppose now I can consider myself an adult.

But for today, relaxing. Laying around until I drive myself crazy and can't take it anymore. Just another day.

7 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, September 13, 2009, Blogger Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Well, Happy Birthday !!!! Even if it's just another day. I hope you manage to buy yourself something :) and if you don't want to shower you could always do it online, I'm sure there is lots of sports STUFF online or what ever it is that you're craving :) Who needs to shower when there is Visa??? :P

 
At 5:33 PM, September 13, 2009, Anonymous Knittygirl said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!! I love your blog! :)

 
At 4:28 AM, September 14, 2009, Anonymous Jackie said...

Happy belated birthday from one Virgo to another.

 
At 6:34 AM, September 14, 2009, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

Hey baby. I hope that you had a good day. And hey--- you made a big impact on my life- I would have never known about the crack-a roni salad. I still crave it.

 
At 7:32 AM, September 14, 2009, Blogger Gringa-n-Mexico said...

I want to know about this crack-a-roni-salad.

 
At 5:37 AM, September 15, 2009, Blogger JJ said...

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I bought nothing, I wallowed on the sofa most of the day, watched football, made enchiladas for the week and a fabulous mahi mahi in Soyaki (Trader Joe's, sorry Gringa and Mindy, and maybe you too Knitty, not sure if they have TJ's where you are, but Jackie if you've never used it, try it) stir fry, and basically kept to myself. Oh, and no shower. That was probably the best part...

The crackaroni salad is from a Hawaiian food cart in the park across from Civic Auditorium in downtown Portland. It's the bomb. Sorry AGAIN, everyone-but-Jackie...

 
At 2:04 PM, September 17, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you talking about the NoHo's crackaroni salad? If you are...oh my hell...it's the shit. I would tumble over small children and elderly women for that salad. Becky H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home