Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fuzz

I am a very routined person. I pretty much do the same thing every morning getting ready for work. This morning, after getting up, brushing my teeth/washing my face/putting in my contacts/showering/lotioning/putting on mascara, I went in and made the coffee/fed the cats/took my vitamins and went back to the bathroom to dry my hair/put on more mascara/figure out what to wear. But my hair dryer didn't work. It sputtered some and gave a weak attempt at blowing out hot air, but it didn't stay on. And I was afraid it would blow up, which I have had happen to me before, and didn't want to happen again, mostly because I never paid attention to how to put out an electrical fire.

Some of you may know that I don't have the kind of hair that dries naturally into regular hair. My hair dries naturally into a mass of fuzz. And crazy shapes. And now you all know this. I also am not the kind of person who owns a travel hair dryer/prepares for early morning disasters such as this.

So I stuck my head upside down in front of the fan and froze my ass off as I tried to dry my hair. It isn't really working. Basically I am going to look like shit all day today and I'm not happy about it.

But I'm not going to consider this an omen or anything. I'm just going to live for a day with this fuzz and look like shit and hope that people notice my fabulous personality and realize that I am more than just really good hair.

Bitter.

3 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, July 14, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so hope you had a fabulous day regardless because I snorted red wine out my nose when I read the last line. Just what I needed to make my day - and I mean that. Thanks for the hoot.

I relate.

Barbara

 
At 5:54 PM, July 14, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're in Target every week, and you never thought to pick up a back up hairdryer? And you don't have a small travel hairdryer in your suitcase? Too bad you live so far away, I have 3 or 4 extras.

janie

 
At 7:07 PM, July 14, 2009, Blogger JJ said...

Barbara - Happy to contribute to a stickey keyboard!

And Janie, I have curtailed my Target habit somewhat, but no. I am not Plan-Ahead Girl. If I bought backups I would just use them when they were brand new and throw the other away because I have such limited patience. You people really have no idea what goes on in this apartment when no one else is around...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home