Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Not ready.

And that's not surprising.

I am finally doing laundry but then I'll go look for something, like something white to throw in with the white tshirt, and realize I have to do ANOTHER load of colors because I forgot to wash my pareos. And then there's the adult ADD I've managed to develop. So I'm looking for my Coach leather cleaner and see my contacts supply and think, Oh I should change out my contacts and grab a pair for tomorrow, and then my sleeve catches on the pack of QTips and I think, Oh I bet I need to add some of these to my travel bag (I keep a separate bag of toiletries for travel so I don't get distracted and forget shit like shampoo which has happened) and put down the contacts and then see bandaids and put down the QTips to pull some bandaids out of the box and then I suddenly find myself in a totally different room and closet with four bandaids in my hand and nothing else (except the phone I was on the entire time) and wondering what I was doing in there. So you can see I am getting no where.

I did ask Robert to feed the kits since he lives three doors away from me, and even got an extra key made. So that's done. But tomorrow at lunch I have to run to the Comcast office and pick up a cable box for my bedroom TV because I don't ever open my mail (I get all my bills on line so why should I open the mail they send?) and apparently missed the memo about how without a box I will no longer get any channel above channel 30 on my regular-plugged-into-the-wall cable TV in the bedroom. After April 15. And of course I will be gone on the 15th. Won't I?

Then tomorrow night I have to tan one last time, and vacuum the house and clean the litter box one last time and de-fur the sofa so that Robert doesn't go into anaphylactic shock upon entering the casita. I allege that the packing will be done tonight, but seriously, who am I kidding?

So I am not ready in the slightest. I am not that worried, I work best under pressure. Hopefully I will remember my camera and if I do, I will take lots and lots of pictures.

Adios ~

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, April 08, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're hysterical.

GO, HAVE FUN!

janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home