Saturday, March 28, 2009

What goes on in a small town when the snow starts to melt

My friends Marita and Dave over there in Wisconsin are spending the weekend up in the northern part of that state somewhere, in a town whose name I don't remember, so it is probably pretty small. Last night she sent me a picture of a man wearing nothing but what the good Lord gave him and a pair of socks, in profile, from her iPhone. When prodded for an explanation, she replied that he was their host for the weekend, and his name was Naked Steve. It's times like this that I think Marita should have a blog.

Today I ran an obscene amount of errands, and upon finishing up in the supermarket, I noticed I had a text message from Marita. The following is the exact transcript. I just thought it was too funny not to share.*

Marita: NS bought a thong at the last bar. For later. For later at the bar. A woman's thong.

Joyce: I think I love him.

M: Pics to follow.

J: Two words: man junk.

M: I almost peed myself. He said he's ok as long as no face. This is very educational

J: Tell him I only have so much imagination. And that I promise I don't know how to use the internet.

M: I will. Soon we go back to another bar for a meet raffle. Good Lord. Then there is a "beaver" shirt discussion.

J: Hate the Beavers, am a Duck. Life up north seems kinda adventurous.

M: Not the same Beaver. This involves exposure. So they tell me. It's interesting. So very interesting.

J: Oh my hell! Girl junk? Careful out there, Marita, you might be the special guest star...

M: Right I

About 45 minutes later, in the middle of my nap so I didn't hear the phone beep, this came ~

M: I'm on the Beaver Club. good Lord.

Then

M: You, too, Can become a member. Free T shirt. Email pic now. Boobs.

Hilarious.
______________________________
* Please note that I did not correct grammar or spelling errors to keep the integrity and fun of the texts themselves. I can only assume that the "meet" in "meet raffle" was supposed to be "meat", and I am not really sure what she meant by "Right I" unless she was in the middle of texting "Right I am getting the hell out of this town" and got hit over the head by Naked Steve's henchmen.

4 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, March 28, 2009, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

That is too funny. I also love the FATCO has banned you. Is it only you or all blogger sites? hehehe

 
At 10:41 AM, March 29, 2009, Anonymous Jackie said...

Great texting. One can only imagine what the photos looked like that you received.

 
At 2:30 PM, March 29, 2009, Blogger Marita said...

Oh my Lord, I just read this. I'm literally crying, laughing so hard. It really was funny at the time. Although, after drinking all day, we ended up pooping out too early for the streaking. I'm totally OK with that.

Funny part is, this couple (NS and wife) we went all the way up north to, well, we really don't even know them. We met them in the Dells at the bar one drunken night last summer. This was our 3rd "date".

Oh, fun stuff.

 
At 2:32 PM, March 29, 2009, Blogger Marita said...

Oh, and you should see the t-shirt I got for being in the Beaver Club....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home