Saturday, March 21, 2009

Planning, planning

My sister and I are heavily planning a family reunion this 4th of July weekend out in Ontario, Oregon. It is for the families of Thomas and Martin Joyce (Martin was my grandfather), and it's getting quite close, so there is much to be done. I've never done this sort of thing before, but it is keeping me somewhat busy and that's a good thing. I haven't been out that way in a while now, and I do like the eastern Oregon scene. We're planning on roughly 110 people (a large chunk of that being my own siblings and their families, though there aren't as many as you would think there would be, and no, I am not bringing the kitties) so there are rooms to block, food to decide on, bartenders to hire (um, yeah...), all manner of things I probably haven't even thought of. I like a good party. So it's got me in a pretty good mood.

Stinkingwater Pass, Harney County, Oregon

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, March 21, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo. I have not spent much time at all in the eastern portion of our state. Only a couple of camping trips years ago.

 
At 12:35 PM, March 24, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to Stinkingwater Pass many times. I have fond memories of camping, hunting and jokes around the camp fire. One year our camp made the headlines of the Harney County newspaper. I think that's the closest I'll get to having my 15 minutes of fame. Now I'm wondering where I've lost one of my fav tshirts..."Where the hell is Burns?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home