Monday, November 05, 2007

Kit update

Got the kittens yesterday from Tracy. She was sad to see them go. It appears they hung around her long enough for her to get attached. As for me, I haven't seen them for longer than say 3 minutes since about 9pm last night.

Their first choice was my very low sofa. It was a squeeze to get their little heads in there, but sure enough, there they were. Elizabeth told me to put the food near them and just leave them be, they would come out when I went to bed. I generally get up to go to the bathroom a couple of times in the night, and last night was no exception. No kittens. The 2nd time I got up, however, when I laid back down again, I heard meowing. So for some reason I got up, looked under the sofa and saw the 2 shapes, and decided to shoo them out. Not really sure why but I was inspired to lift up my not-so-light (but quite solidly built, thanks, Shelia) sofa and sort of coaxed them out (their cover was blown, there weren't many options). I put the sofa back down when I saw them clear it (Janet. Jeez.) and put one in the litter box. She bounded out and so I put her in front of the food. One bite and back she went under the sofa. The other just poked her nose out. It was 3:15am. I went back to bed.

At 5:20, when the alarm went off, I got up and went to the bathroom. New meowing, this time much closer. Turns out they went exploring and found the washer/dryer. They like it back there. I moved a food/water bowl into the laundry room across from the dryer, and moved a new litter box next to the washer (there is a big huge space and a door dividing them, so don't worry about their food being too close to their toilet, please). Went to work.

When I got home, food had been eaten, water drunk, and litter box had been used. Good news on all accounts. I saw one of them poke her head out from behind the washer, but when she saw me she went back in. No problem. I can wait this out. Pretty soon they'll see it's no fun back there (probably about the time I need to do laundry. That day is coming) and will come out and explore more. I imagine they will be back under the sofa sometime tonight as well.

So there you go. Updated.

I'd take pictures but you don't need to see my dryer.

4 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, November 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Joyce has kitties behind her dryer! Yay!

 
At 6:54 AM, November 06, 2007, Blogger CancunCanuck said...

Awww, where are the kitty pics??? Lucky you with nice wittle kitties, I am envious!

 
At 2:38 PM, November 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious as to how the kittens get along with the $10/mo pad? I think Disney might buy the rights.

 
At 5:27 AM, November 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a good mom!

janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home