Thursday, October 25, 2007

Duty bound

Well, I've been sitting here a few minutes trying to figure out how to start this post. Because I am blogging out of duty, not desire, this morning. There are people out there whose blogs bring them serious cash, to the point where it's their full time job. I don't know, if I didn't have a regular full time job I wouldn't have anything to blog about. But, you know, I wouldn't mind that.

I have been out of Lincoln Tower now for 3 full days, and yet in the morning my car would really prefer to drive there. Mostly because driving over Burnside to the Uptown branch has been a lesson in patience. I'm not saying I've learned any patience, I'm just saying it's been a lesson. I wonder if those people realize it's 40 mph most of the way on Burnside. I wonder if they don't trust their tires' ability to grip the road. I wonder if they can see me, in their rearview, just inches from blowing a gasket while they CREEP over a hill that has been there since for flipping ever. I can totally understand Sunset Highway creeping, I have to take it today as I will be working downtown. It's a freeway - they were BUILT to be slow during the morning commute. But surface streets like Burnside? Yeah, I'm not buying it. Or accepting it. I loved working in that Uptown branch - great gals in there - but the driving there had me stressed out by Tuesday and I already have enough coffee in me, I don't need any further stimulants.*

Well, it's morning, what did you expect? I really am due for an adventure, and I think you would all agree with me. But what? It's supposed to be sunny for the rest of the week, maybe I should go on an adventure this weekend. After the Duck game. Great, now my stomach hurts.

______________________________
*Please note that I am not complaining about the many directions my current job as an escrow float leads me - I actually really like floating. I have hooked up with a lot of past clients and I get to see everyone pretty much that I know out in the branches. Lots of variety AND I get to constantly learn new things. Plus having a fresh audience every couple of weeks is great for throwing my opinion around without people just tuning me out. So I am not complaining, just putting my thoughts out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home