Saturday, October 20, 2007

Braving the Wet Outdoors

I couldn't sleep this morning so I got up at like 6:30. Jeez. I have lost all concept of sleeping in. It is raining like a bitch outside, too, and frankly, I just can't seem to get used to it.

I guess it could be worse - wet outside does not necessarily mean "walk very carefully because the sidewalks/tiles/street/stairs/hallway/supermarket floors/gas station parking lot will be like an ice rink", but it's still pretty dang bleak out.

Anyhoo, I am going to throw some clothes on after this and go pick up Tom and go to the supermarket, breakfast, and some sort of art-related stores because that's the kind of girl I am. Sickly sweet and nice. Yep, that's me. I debated the shower issue and since I didn't sleep much last night I managed to not sleep on my face so the hair issue looks okay, and since I didn't go out last night I don't have beer-smells seeping from every pore. So ultimately I am not showering. I really get sick of that. I wonder what THAT will evolve into? Good Lord, I don't want to think about being 60 and just giving up on the hygiene thing, but really, this lack of motivation is kind of like drug-abuse - degenerative. Let's not think about that.

I am leaving Lincoln Tower (work) for a week for the first time in like ever. This last week just about killed me, but I'm not sure if it was the desk I was on (Tracy should be cannonized) or if it's just because I have grown accustomed to not being busy (in other words, I may have just gotten lazy). I will be Uptown and then Downtown and that will be a nice change of pace.

We (Marita, Dave and I) booked a condo on Isla Mujeres for February, so I am coming down. I like the idea of Isla because a) it's not the Cancun hotel zone, b) it's totally chill and c) it's a quick ferry ride to centro. I can avoid Slices and Corona Bar and all those nice folks from Minnesota who think "downtown" is where the Hard Rock Cafe is, but couldn't really tell you because they are too frightened to leave their resort. So now I will be shopping for airfare. I would be more excited if it were closer, even though it IS getting to be late October... Dave and Marita are currently in Playa del Carmen for the weekend (maybe I should move back to the Midwest...) and then they go away again in December to Cancun. Lucky bastards. Have I mentioned it is just pouring outside here?

Not much else to update, just sort of avoiding putting on socks and pants, drinking some coffee and surfing the net. I think I'll buy a vacuum cleaner today.

And book my air.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, October 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce - Glad to hear you are coming down. You will have a bal on IM. I have to go there "on business" this weekend, poor me.

Hugs, RiverGirl

 
At 2:27 PM, October 20, 2007, Blogger My Way said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home