Saturday, November 17, 2007

If I could have just deleted it I would have...

...but I'm no party pooper.

That dang Cancun Canuck tagged me in a blog game of sorts, and so I comply. The gig is you get "tagged", and you have to mention the tagger in your blog, list 8 random things in your own post, and then link to 8 other bloggers. This is assuming you're popular and KNOW 8 other bloggers that that dang Canuck doesn't know. We'll see how that goes. For now, on to the 8 random things. Good Lord, like my life isn't an open book already.

1. I have been a (University of Oregon) Duck since I shot out of the womb, and that is how I describe myself. Anyone can be a fan of Notre Dame, or the 49ers (dating myself) or USC, because it's our sheep mentality that makes us want to root for the traditionally victorious. I have been a Duck fan through the crap years, the good years, and of course the years we thought might be crap, ended up going well, and then turned out disappointing. I will never put them down, I will support them even when they break my heart. And I am still not ready to talk about Thursday with anyone other than another Duck fan.

2. I think I might be one of those people that talk just for the sake of talking.

3. I don't feel like I am 42. Sometimes I wake up and go, Oh shit, I'm 42. But because I am single (a spinster, no less!) and have never had any kids or owned real property, I feel like I might be closer to mid 30s. I am quite sure I LOOK 42, but I think age is about how you feel.

4. I am afraid of the dark. I don't have the abilities like Mexico Way, but I do have a little bit more of a heightened sense of... something. I have to have lights on right up until I go to bed, and then I can't fall asleep unless the TV is on a self-timer.

5. Every Saturday morning I get up really early, make a big fat pot of coffee, plan my very industrious morning, and then drink so much coffee that it makes me sleepy. And generally end up napping around mid morning.

6. I try not to shower at least one weekend day.

7. I hate cleaning. I get very little satisfaction from it, and what little I might get is forgotten soon after, giving me very little motivation to clean again when it comes time.

8. I often ask questions but don't wait around for the answers. This has been going on for years, though, and I don't feel bad about asking the questions again, because I just tell people that I don't generally listen when the person is answering me.

Okay then. The following have been tagged and are now "it". Great.

Woot
My Magic Roundabout
Brenda and Roy Go to Mexico
Cracked Chancla
Heather in Paradise

Okay, five. Five is all I came up with. I could have added Mexico Way, Rivergirl, and Canuck herself to round it all out, but then it just becomes this wicked circle. Hey, did anyone link to Dooce?

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, November 18, 2007, Blogger CancunCanuck said...

Gracias amiga! I enjoyed learning weird things about you.

So the Ducks? Is that football? How tough can a duck really be? It's kind of like naming your football team the Bunnies, isn't it? ;-)

 
At 2:05 PM, November 18, 2007, Blogger JJ said...

Yes it's football, and we are the University of Oregon FIGHTING Ducks, thank you.

Silly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home