Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've never been a huge fan of the whole Thanksgiving dinner situation, which I might have mentioned, but Happy Thanksgiving to my US readers! This evening my brother, my mom and I will head out to McCormick's Fish House in Beaverton for the commitment (as I call it) and then the rest of the weekend is pretty much mine. Love getting that four day weekend, let me tell you.

So this morning I checked Trip Advisor's forum, which I tend to do, and a poster there threw down a challenge. So I took it, went to Give a Toy Get a Smile and made a Paypal donation. The link directs you to the site. You should check it out, if you have any interest in an organization that takes care of Cancun's kids. My good friend Nancy runs it, and she has done some great work with the kiddies, and just so you are aware, every single penny goes to the charity. She has her own income, she doesn't skim off the top like so many places we donate to. Anyway, that was my morning, sitting at the cracktop amidst two speed-demons tearing apart my living room and hanging from my furniture.

"Alice's Restaurant" is on at 1pm on KGON, Happy Turkey Day ~ !

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, November 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gobble, gobble! And thanks for the link!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home