Monday, November 26, 2007

The G** Da** Bells

So is it me or is EVERY VENDOR OUT THERE using that blasted "Bells" Christmas carol in their holiday ad this year? Comcast, Walmart, some company that makes GPS systems... surely you know what song I mean. It's driving me nuts. I am a person who ALWAYS has a song in my head, sometimes two or three. Bad enough working in the Beaverton branch on the 4th floor, with the woman's voice in the elevator saying "Going up", "4th floor", and "Going down" - you know what song is in my head every time I get in the dang thing (think Aerosmith). Today I found myself humming the Bells song as I raced around the office and tried to make sense of the desk I was on. And Friday or Saturday I caught myself making up little kitty-related words to it. It's driven me mad. And it's annoying. Really. Here's a really bad example of it, thank you very much Marita. It didn't help.



I guess it's time to switch to eggnog lattes...

7 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, November 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, that song is annoying. Well, hope you had a nice commitment with the family. I know "I will survive" another holiday. So listen there "Pretty Woman", keep a song in your head, love in your heart, and have a nice day......

 
At 6:50 AM, November 27, 2007, Blogger CancunCanuck said...

Oh honey, that video made me laugh. Sorry about the song running through your head, wanna take mine? I've had "Como mi duele" in my head for weeks now, it's all yours, I'll take Bells. :)

 
At 3:01 PM, November 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to admit "Carol of the Bells" is my favorite Christmas carol. However, it's over-use this season has tainted it a bit. At least you're not running the song about the little boy who wants to buy his mom shoes for Christmas before she DIES. Yeah, like that's what we want, a nice little Christmas ditty that makes you want to KILL YOURSELF. Every time I hear that song, I simply look around for an object sharp enough to open my wrists. (Or, you could have the misfortune, as I often do, of having one of the 2 worst songs of all time running through your head: "Sunglasses at Night" or "Manic Monday". Good Christ.)

 
At 10:29 PM, November 27, 2007, Blogger JJ said...

I swear to God the comments are funnier than the posts. No wonder you people keep tuning in.

 
At 7:08 AM, November 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I've got Love in an Elevator in my mind.

I'm gonna go live it up while....well, you know.

Sounds kinda gross to me now.

 
At 8:41 PM, November 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask Mexico Way to have her send you the video tape of Moco, playing "The Bells" on my windchimes using her nose.

 
At 12:26 PM, December 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg, that slayed me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home