Thursday, April 05, 2012

What I did on my random vacation

I didn't have an assignment these last four days so I spontaneously (about a month ago) decided to take them off. It's too hard to find an empty seat in the branches these days (well, not anymore, but that's not what I talk about here necessarily), and that closet wasn't going to get cleaned on any regular weekend, so here I am.

Except now it's Thursday, so really it's "there I was".

I did a lot of lounging, not gonna lie. That's why I work my ass off - so that I can lounge.

In no particular order, I went shopping, road tripped to Eugene, nearly lost my computer to something I stupidly clicked on, killed an enormous black spider in my living room, went shopping some more, cleaned out my closet, organized my sweatshirts, put together shelving, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, mopped the floors, scrubbed the bathroom, got a mammogram, went to the gym, ran a bunch of errands, got my toes done, went out to dinner, got my nose waxed (and eyebrows and lip of course), and drove when I shouldn't have.

Because even in my leisure, I shouldn't be driving half the time. Why? Because people piss me off more than they do not out there and I will never understand what goes through their heads when they grab the keys to their cars and set out to do whatever it is that requires they drive. I have incredible road rage that comes on like a house afire, with my sole purpose being to let that other driver know exactly what I think of them. I'm pretty sure I invented some new swear words this week.

But the best part of these last four days has been that I haven't had to really DO much of anything that required making life-changing decisions (other people's lives, to be clear), I didn't have to get up at 4am, and I didn't have to go to bed at 9pm. I didn't have to answer two sets of emails, I didn't have to pick up the phone, and I didn't have to schedule any appointments. It was all me.

But it's Thursday, so it's over, and tomorrow I go back to being Work Me. It was nice while it lasted.

1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, April 08, 2012, Blogger Here and there said...

I get those big spiders in my house too, I hate them. As soon as things start thawing out just a bit, they start appearing. ugh. My husband likes to catch them in a jar and place them gently outside. I say, "are you CRAZY?" If anything needs annihilating, it's that spider!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home