Friday, January 15, 2010

Bluish

It's been quite a week of going backward in time.

Jeri found a bunch of old pictures from the '80s, along with a photo essay of sorts from a trip a friend of mine and I took back to Portland when I was living in LA County a thousand years ago. We went to lunch today and looked at them, laughing out loud and trying to piece together the memories. It was great fun and reckless and felt like twenty-five years had never passed, still making a scene in the Burgerville but not caring.

Phone calls to long-time and faraway friends, not necessarily talking about the past but building on the strength of their foundations.

Wondering about other friends and friendships, missing them and wanting them back.

It's a happiness mixed with so much sadness and I don't know why.

The greatest people in the world have called me "friend" and I don't want to let them get away again.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, January 15, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter ate at Burgerville? OMG, hope she picked up the tab!!!

 
At 1:59 PM, January 18, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great post. I don't know if I am "one of the great people", but I will consider you my friend no matter how often we do or don't see eachother. BH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home