Sunday, May 03, 2009

It's an obligation. That's pretty much it.

I'm sick of the swine flu. Not sick WITH it, but sick OF it. I've taken to calling it The SARS instead, just because it's more fun (I got that from you, you know, Becky). Pretty much everyone that I come in contact with (work-wise; people in the supermarket or the gas station don't really know me that well) all take a step back when they see me for the first time because I was in Mexico about a month ago. They're joking, but yeah, I'm over it. Plus the way the news covers it is so dramatic and sensationalized it's beyond irritating. There is a pretty big difference between a "suspected" case and a "confirmed" case, and earlier this week the hype was so bad that some US newspapers were alleging that something like 500 people in Mexico were dead from it. Which isn't true. They aren't really saying that anymore, but still. It's irritating. Wash your hands, be sensible. And quit bugging me about it.

So apparently yesterday there was a thunder storm and big rain and wind that like knocked out power and toppled trees and shit. Here in Beaverton. I had the slider open and everything, but I was taking a nap and didn't hear any of it. Good thing nobody drove a semi through my slider, or I'd be dead right now. And at the rate I have been getting out and about lately, you probably wouldn't know about it for some time. That's not a very good thought, is it? Yeesh.

I do have a goal today, really I do. And I feel strongly that I will accomplish that goal. Really. Though it doesn't actually include going to get another cup of coffee, that's what I'm gonna do right now.

Happy Sunday. It's wet and dark outside, and I'm freezing. Hooray hooray, the first of May...

2 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, May 03, 2009, Anonymous Kim S said...

Did you get all the pics? I can't wait for another blog with PV pics and Joyce-isms galore. Tell about how we locked ourselves out of the room, or rather that I managed to lock us out of the room...lol.

 
At 9:42 AM, May 04, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...definately The SARS. I also really like falling back on The Polio when I really don't want to do something. Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home