Thursday, May 14, 2009

From the "Why not? I don't have any money!" files

So I broke down and bought an iPhone today. I shouldn't say "broke down" because no debit cards were used in the transaction. I've wanted one for a while now, and since traditionally everybody has a better phone than me, I figured it was time to break the cycle and just get the best phone out there.

I've always wanted one, as I recently stated, but the problem has always been that they cost so much that I never really wanted to bite the bullet. I have taken the tutorial on the Apple site, I have priced them on the website when I pay my phone bill, but my heart wasn't in spending a bunch of money all at once on one.

So yesterday, I'm driving home, when it hit me - I wonder if I can get one at the Best Buy? I have a Best Buy credit card with all kinds of interest-free-for-18-months room on it, it's practically like getting one for free! I raced home, surfed the net, did some laundry, went tanning, watched a little America's Next Top Model (don't get me started), and then realized I never checked BestBuy.com... (early onset Adult ADD). I did, finally, but though they were on there, every time I clicked on the iPhone situation it wouldn't like tell me how to get one. I mean, I knew you couldn't order them or buy them online but it wouldn't like TELL me what my options were. Discouraged, I went to bed. Woke up this morning, totally forgotten.

About 3pm today I was so sick of what I was doing that I decided to go harass Kellie into letting me check my Facebook account, and as I was logging in I remembered my futile attempt at telephonic bliss the night before. After I told her my story, she told me she had actually purchased HERS there. I dropped her phone (not really) and raced back to my desk, called the Best Buy over by Washington Square, and the next thing I knew, some chick named Crystal was putting one on hold for me. Sweet.

I left work at 6:20 and by 7pm I was the proud owner of a $200 telephone. I have been fucking with it all night while trying to get ready for my trip this weekend. Now it's WAY past (17 minutes) my bed time, but I just had to tell you all about it. All 11 of you. Things are getting worse.

So Barbie and I are heading to Ontario (Oregon) (there is one) tomorrow after work. It's practically Boise so we won't roll into town until around 11pm, but we are doing a little pre-reunion legwork and it has to be done. Plus I have GPS now so I'll know EXACTLY what exit to turn off I-84. I mean, I already know which exit it is, but this way will be more fun.

I think I'm bringing the crack top so perhaps I will blog from Mountain Time.

Happy almost-Friday-it-stopped-raining to all ~ !

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, May 15, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The great thing about an iPhone...

When you get frustrated while listening to barbie ask if you like her new purse and how she really didn't want to buy it but her 47 other purses weren't working out with her new life this week....

There's an app for that

 
At 9:54 AM, May 16, 2009, Anonymous Jackie said...

Don't have the iPhone but know many who do. It is amazing the number of things you can do on it.Have fun!

 
At 7:49 PM, May 20, 2009, Blogger JJ said...

Paul, I meant to comment much sooner, but that was flipping hilarious.

And Jackie, it's like crack. Like I need more crack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home