Saturday, July 05, 2008

Surviving my anti-social mood

This weekend is the Blues Fest down at Tom McCall Waterfront Park. Some of my friends are there, and I was planning on it, but it's been kind of a bleh weekend so I bowed out. I'm in one of those anti-social moods that usually roll around when I have a ton of money to pay out that will leave me flat broke. Until like August. Have I mentioned it's July 5th? Yeah. It's a drag.

Tonight there is also another party that I am not going to, but if I could have I would have. It's down south in Cancun and I hope that at this very moment my friends there are getting themselves all purty'd up and having a couple of pre-function cocktails in anticipation. It sounds like the kind of party I would like to be at right now. I guess I will find out tomorrow if I was right.

So I finally went to the store only because the kitnesses are down to one can of wet food and almost no Greenies, and what the hell I could use a few things. So I hit the Fred Meyer at the unprecedented time of 6:30pm on a Saturday. Turns out, that's Indian time. I should have known since my entire parking garage was empty. I'm not kidding I was about the only white girl in there. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's probably the last time I will be in that Fred Meyer in a long time, so I guess it almost doesn't really make a difference.

I am moving next weekend. I have plenty to do between then and now, including dreaming up a wad of cash, but it will happen. This means a new beginning, new routines, new Starbucks and new supermarkets. It will be nice to get out of this flipping OVEN of an apartment though. It's like 68 outside today but inside I am not kidding you it is 90. At least. Talk about retaining the heat.

I was listening to the radio on the way home and that version of "I Will Survive" by Cake was on the radio. Now, don't get me wrong, I hate that song in any other version - Gloria Gaynor, Kinesis - but this one is actually not bad. It sort of makes fun of it. I like that. The original is so... so.... Cancun Hotel Zone. So even though the version was different as I listened on my way back from the Fred Meyer, it called to memory the original and Kinesis versions, and I thought to myself, you know, I DID survive. I survived a lot. So right now, I deserve to kick back tonight and watch "Big Love" reruns on On Demand and be totally anti-social. So that's what I am doing. And I may be missing out on some good times all over the world, but that's okay. There will be more.

Ladies and gentlement, for your viewing and listening pleasure, I present to you, Cake.


_______________
P.S. I just noticed the lead singer for Cake looks like Bundy.

4 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, July 06, 2008, Blogger CancunCanuck said...

Awww JJ, sorry to hear you are feeling anti-social and out of sorts, wish you could have joined us last night. No "I Will Survive", but lots of good friends and good food. You were missed!

Chin up girl, all will look bright soon. Maybe the move will shake things up for the better.

 
At 5:29 PM, July 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

open a window...in your mind and your apartment. Sounds like you could use the air.

 
At 8:05 AM, July 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Cake's version of that song. We ARE alike. Which means you need to cheer up, too...we can't keep going on like this.

Let's plan something silly to do on the blog. Any ideas?

 
At 5:48 PM, July 08, 2008, Blogger JJ said...

How about we blog about a day in the life of each other? The possibilities are endless...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home