Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'll have one good day, please, hold the additional deposits.

I don't want to do yesterday over again. Not only did I get some icky personal news (financial, always financial) (well, not "news" but let's just call it "realization" - as in, when you realize you haven't quite recovered financially from a poor decision made a year ago and coming to terms with that fact is not conducive to a good day), but I also got some icky work news (I'm not going to go into it, I'll wait for you work-readers to get the memo) and I happened to be sitting right at the scene of the crime at the time. No amount of good natured humor could make this news any less icky, so I pretty much holed up in the office I was sitting in and kept to myself. Apparently I was gritting my teeth most of the day as, on the drive home, my jaw was sore. Huh.

THEN I get home and there is a note on my door. I gave my notice a couple of weeks ago and immediately tore apart the bedroom to pack winter-related clothes away, and just sort of stopped mid-stream and haven't quite made it back to the project. The note says that even though my move-out date isn't until JULY 23, they want to do a 5 minute maintenance walk through to be prepared for any major projects that might need doing when I move out. Nice. I don't care that my bedroom is a DISASTER, not as much as the fact that I have two illegal kitties. You see, folks, it's not just specific to Mexicans. My fear is that they will make me pay some money for my last month. And since, these days, EVERYBODY WANTS MY MONEY, I spent some time on the phone last night trying to come to a solution (but the note said they will be in any time from June 18 to June 20 from 9am to 4am and it's not like I can take them to work for three days, plus what do you do with all the kitty accoutrements like litter box, food, various toys and shoe strings, etc.?). After talking to my brother, who is also harboring an illegal alien (kitty), he said don't sweat it. He thinks the maintenance guy doing the walk through won't know I don't have a pet deposit in, and plus these are just guys doing their job, not the Pet Deposit Police. I don't know. I have no control over it, so I am just gonna roll with it.

Today I go to Lincoln Tower for a day, and maybe that will be better. I hope so. This morning on my way in I plan to go through the Universe drive-thru and order up a good one.

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, June 18, 2008, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said...

I wouldn't sweat it, unless the maintenance guys are the manager and his wife. I doubt the maintenance people care about anything except not having to do any work.
I'm sorry that you have been having a difficult time. Hopefully, you have put all the "icky" behind you.
regards,
Theresa

 
At 6:04 AM, June 19, 2008, Blogger JJ said...

Thank you for the well wishes, Theresa, it worked somewhat. Work was better, but I don't think the maintenance people came yesterday. They still have today or tomorrow, and I think you are right about them. I'm keeping my mind focussed on a positive outcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home