Saturday, June 21, 2008

Reaching out

Dear Wife from "The King of Queens" (whatever your name is):

You seem so unhappy. Have you considered divorce? I'm no marriage counselor, and nobody ever called me an expert on the subject, but it seems to me that if you don't like or get along with your husband, you should probably just end the relationship.

I've only watched your show a couple of times, so maybe I am missing something that other people see. Maybe I missed the episodes when the two of you were dating. But the marriage seems to have gone south somewhere, and since all you do is fight and try to change your husband, it could be time for you to consider moving on. I think you'd be embarrassed to air all of that dirty laundry on TV. Do you realize people are laughing at you? I'm not really sure why they are either, maybe they take comfort in seeing other people in a worse situation than themselves. I don't think you'd like that if you knew, so I'm telling you. You don't seem like someone that could really be pleased by anything.

Perhaps if you guys split you might be able to find someone that would put up with your constant nagging, and then maybe you'd smile more. You know what they say about more muscles frowning and all that. I'm not trying to meddle in your personal life or anything, but since you're on TV, I guess you sort of set yourself up for it. You just seem really unhappy and what with the way you constantly insult and nag your husband, he can't be that happy either. You don't appear to have any kids, and thank goodness for that, so it should be a pretty easy split. I really think you should consider it.

Very truly yours,

TtheD

I know someone who watches this show because it reminds him of his own marriage. I think that's just sad. He's a really nice, creative guy and the thought that his wife, who I have never met, is this kind of a shrew is really a bummer.

Frankly I don't even know why I am sticking around for the next episode, but there it is. There's no explanation for what I do.

6 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, June 21, 2008, Blogger Marita said...

She was a bitch of a wife on that TV show, maybe she wasn't acting. I assume you are talking about some reality show she has going on right now? I haven't seen it, but can just about imagine.

 
At 8:37 AM, June 22, 2008, Blogger My Way said...

Great advice.

Now give me some. I like the condescending twist of sarcasm you just fed me for breakfast and want some more.

 
At 9:14 AM, June 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did my last comment take? I am having internet issues.

 
At 9:15 AM, June 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, I see it didn't. What I said was that I've never watched that show and am afraid to watch it now. I'm afraid I might recognize myself.

 
At 4:26 PM, June 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Carrie!

(what's that tell ya?)


janie

 
At 3:18 PM, June 26, 2008, Blogger Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

SO what happend at work??? Did the memo come out yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home